We arrived into the brand spanking new re-furbished Holiday Inn Express at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia and were surprised to see how nice the hotel was, hoiw the rooms had been upgraded and the fact that they had a Grand Opening Party going on for all guests, members of the press who deal with the hospitality industry, etc.
The staff is terrific, the entire hotel looks great, the breakfast was good and plentiful and any requests you made were carried out quickly and efficiently.
The only issue called to mind the roller coaster in the Woody Allen movie, Annie Hall. The hotel is located directly next to I-95, under the Ben Franklin Bridge and it abuts to North Columbus Parkway which is a very heavily travelled local road.
We needed to turn up the HVAC unit to create white noise to drown out the effects of the noise from the major roadway, the trains crossing the bridge and the trolley line which rings its bell every time it approached the station near the hotel.
If you had a room in the front of the hotel it would have been the quietest. Our room was directly facing the bridge and we were sandwiched between I-95 and the large local roadway.
The hotel staff offered a white noise machine, but the HVAC unit did the trick.
Hotel needs to put in better sound proofing windows in certain rooms to make it better.
Staff, food, cleanliness all good to great.
Local shuttle will take you up to 20 blocks from the hotel and drop you off. Great accomodation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy free breakfast and Wi-Fi while being directly across from Penn's Landing Waterfront area. The hotel is ideally located for guests looking to be close to the Historic Area, Center City, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and all local sports and concert facilities. Self-parking is available on-site at $25 per night, including in and out privileges. Guests must provide a credit card at check in. Come visit the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing to experience the softer side of Philadelphia. Located waterfront in Penn's Landing, our location is a perfect central point for visitors coming to see the historical landmarks including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other popular attractions. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of shopping and restaurants, City Hall, the PA Convention Center, the Visitor's Center and South Street. Whether you are here for shopping, exploring, business or a doctor's appointment, the Holiday Inn Express is designed for travelers who require the latest in comfort. Stay connected with our free high-speed internet service. Our free Express Start Breakfast is served daily in our modern breakfast area offering a stunning fireplace in our adjacent lobby seating area. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to many public transportation resources that can get you to anywhere you want to go. The subway located at 2nd and Market is a short walk away and can get you to and from the Amtrak 30th Street Station or into South Philly to Citizens Bank Park, The Lincoln Financial Park and The Wells Fargo Center. If you are coming to Philadelphia for a concert or event over at the Susquehanna Bank Center or the New Jersey waterfront attractions, simply take a ride on the RiverLink Ferry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn