“Supper as Well”

Sabrina's Cafe & Spencer's Too
Ranked #38 of 4,372 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Opened in 2007 based off the same love for food, quality ingredients, and good friends that flourished Sabrina’s Cafe in the Italian Market; Sabrina's Cafe and Spencer’s Too hopes to satisfy even the loneliest of tummy's with behemoth portions and decadent fare no matter what time of the day it is. You can take that to the bank.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Supper as Well”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Although there are several versions of Sabrina's in Philadelphia - all w/ the same beyond generous portions of very good food - with its deep burgundy walls & colorful hanging lampshades, the cafe on 18th Street (not far from the spectacular new Barnes Museum) is especially warm & inviting.

Prices are reasonable & although at noon it was a little too busy for a serious business conversation - whether at wooden tables, more private booths or the handsome bar - the food is served quickly, unfailingly hot & attractively presented. There are plenty of choices for vegans & recently the egg white frittata w/ turkey bacon & spinach, smothered in gooey cheese, was mouth-watering - w/ enough left over to take home for supper as well.

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Philadelphia, PA
“Tofu Scramble? Yes, please!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

So excited to see this dish on the menu - along with MANY other options for vegs and vegans. I am NOT a breakfast eater (I stick with a green smoothie most days). But morning after running the Philadelphia Marathon I was ravenous. Went here for breakfast with a friend and loved my scramble and potatoes! Like how they bring water to table right away. My friend had a huge omelette. I warmed him portions are large, but we both did just fine because we were HUNGRY! Good place to go in that case! Easy walk from museums and museum-area hotel. Starbucks on corner. Breakfast served all day.

• Visited November 2013
Cranberry
“EXCELLENT food in HUGE serving sizes at a FAIR price”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just a few minutes walk from the Sheraton Downtown in Philadelphia is this fantastic restaurant! We tried going at lunch but the wait was longer than the time we had available so we went back at dinner time (around 6:30). We were seated immediately by friendly wait staff. The menu was unique but also offered good, solid "normal" staples that made my husband happy too. I ordered a grilled vegetable sandwich with sweet potato fries and he had a burger. My food was DELICIOUS - the kind that made me wish I could make cool stuff to eat at home. Although I was stuffed, I finished my meal because we couldn't take it back to the hotel with us. Whenever I am in Philadelphia again I won't leave without eating here! I will note that the booths and tables are small so if you go with a big group - you might not all get to sit together and even harder for 4 adults to squeeze into a booth.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JCStover
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“great breakfast spot!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This great spot had been recommended by locals when I was in Philly 5 yrs ago (my last time in the city), and I wanted to return. While looking for it and referring to our map, a local merchant popped their head out of their store and asked if we were looking for Sabrina's - then provided directions. We had a wonderful breakfast. Large portions. Nice menu with whole grains and fresh fruit. It's not getting 5 stars because the coffee was not the best I've had, and they did not serve real maple syrup. I highly recommend it though.

• Visited October 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Amazing Service to Match the Incredible Food”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Oh My! We were not warned about the massive size of the stuffed french toast made with Challah bread. There were four of us and 3 of us ordered this. Had we known, we could have split one between two (if not three) of us. It was rich, tasty, and incredible. The cheese was tangy and balanced the sweetness of the maple syrup.

We thoroughly enjoyed our server. She was cheery, liked to tease us (and we teased her, too), and full of helpful information about places to see and where to find some unique shops while visiting Philadelphia.

We will return next time in the city. It is a place not to be missed!

• Visited September 2013