“I love this place.”

Neighborhood: University City
Neighborhood: University City
“I love this place.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I love this place, the first time going there was great I find myself going the almost once a week. The atmosphere is right the customer service is right and the food is right.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank RellWattz

philadelphia
“Homestyle Exotic cooking in a casual African atmosphere”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have never been to Senegal. but have eaten homemade Senegalese meals. This place makes stuff like your mom would if she were an EXCELLENT home cook. Spices and sauces are exotic, but not unfamiliar. A must try app is the meat patties (still shining with oil from the deep fryer, HOT and spicy. The Grilled Tilapia I had appeared whole (including the head) and was quite succulent, but not particularly filling. Fortunately, my wife's half Senegalese chicken was more than she could eat, so with the help of my huge order of red fried rice, I went home full. Daughter was not so adventuresome, so beef Brochette suited her just fine (along with a huge order of plantains.)

Service was very friendly and English is spoken well (though French is appreciated.) When we went the TV was on to a soccer game, and lots of local French-speaking Africans were cheering on their respective teams.

This is no doubt the kind of experience you would have a continent away, right in a convenient West-Phila strip shopping center (with free parking.) It's small, so try a slightly off-hour, Service takes the amount of time cooked to order takes, so order a delicious Ginger Juice and be patient. You will be rewarded.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank jan_klincewicz
Orlando, Florida, United States
“I need a Kilimanjaro in my town”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went to Kilimanjaro with my family this weekend and I had an excellent diner. My Philly family members go here weekly and have been for years. The facility is beautifully decorated and atmosphere is perfect for families or couples. The food is halal which was great although I ended up ordering the fish. The portions size are more than enough to satisfy a hungry man. We had couscous(a sweet sticky kind that taste much different from the usual Moroccan types) a samosa type appetizer, veggies, fish, lamb, ibiscus/bessop(which is just the same as Caribbean sorrel) and the ginger drink(again very similar to Caribbean style). I tried a bit of everything on the table and all I have to say is I can wait to go back to Philly. Peace and Blessing Kilimanjaro.

• Visited September 2012
Marlton, New Jersey
“As a vegetarian, I got by. Meat eaters were very pleased.”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Fresh ginger juice was awesome! One patron had a tasty-looking fish dish, the other had half a chicken, both were thoroughly pleased with their meals.

I'm a vegetarian, so I had sauteed veg and vermicelli. No complaints! Cute and friendly and cozy and small. Sure, try it!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank CaraLoryn
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I love this place. The people are very welcoming and accommodating. The food is delicious and it's a very comfortable atmosphere. The restuarant is small but decorated nicely, and very clean. I've been quite a few times now and have yet to be disappointed.