“Expected more”

King of Tandoor
Ranked #740 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Expected more”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

After a few hours at the Barnes Foundation I was hungry and knew K of T was close by, I have to say the entire experience was very average. Service was okay but kind of rushed, I of course had to order tandoor, maybe it was a mistake to get the tandoori mixed grill. It came out on a sizzling plate alas fajita special at any average Mexican joint. The meats were cooked okay but somewhat bland, not what I had hoped.

Visited May 2014

Worcester, MA
“Terrific food and service”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This gem is tucked away on a quiet street. Inside you'll find a welcoming environment and hosts. The menu is broad. Each of our group of five ordered something different and all of them were delicious. To add to the treat, the table had a bread basket with an array of differently-seasoned naan.

Visited January 2014
“Good food, nice staff”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

In the context of all of the Indian food I have ever eaten, on a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 7.

I thought the food was good and reasonably priced for dinner. The restaurant was nice, clean, and the staff was very friendly.

plant city,fl
“need to check on their amount of food compared to price”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went to King of Tandoor on our trip to Philadelphia. The place looks clean and nicely located. Quality was not bad but quantity surely was. I felt price was on the higher side too. We ordered biryani, though taste good (not excellent!!).....like 4-5 small chicken pieces and small quantity of rice....very disappointed with the amount of food rather than the quality of food. Also, I wish they could make their food less rich keeping a check on their oil and cream. Indian food is not always supposed to be that heavy.

• Visited November 2013
Coronado, California
“Delicious Indian food, attentive service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a great dinner at this restaurant. It was a five minute walk from our hotel. We had Mulligatawny soup, and a tandoori mixed grill. If you want alcohol with your meal byob. The service was excellent. It was a delicious meal and I highly recommend this restaurant

Visited September 2013