“Very engaging”

and up
Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour
Ranked #8 of 435 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum offers tickets for Adults (ages 22-64) $12, Youths (ages 13-21) $11, Children (12-under) free, Active Military (with ID) free, Seniors (65+) $11. This museum offers dynamic and always intriguing exhibits. The history and evolution of the American Jewish community from colonial times onward is chronicled.
Baltimore, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very engaging”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was a big fun museum, enough hands on and video things to keep a kid happy. We really enjoyed it

Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not enough time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved the museum. There was so much to see. I wish I had more time. Will definitely return to Philly and revisit!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Island, NY
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My son had to visit the American Jewish museum for a class assignment and I tagged along. Honestly, I expected a collection of plates and menorahs and things like that. I was so wrong! This museum is truly a historical treasure, documenting the immigration of Jews into the US from the 1600s up to the present time. So as Stephen, our outstanding tour guide, noted, any immigrant can relate to this museum because it's the story of a people trying to assimilate and maintain their history at the same time. I'm not Jewish, but I could completely relate to the stories told in the exhibits because my immigrant grandparents had similar experiences. The exhibits are arranged chronologically, with the earliest years on the top floor of 5 floors. After about 30 minutes of touring myself, I felt a bit overwhelmed by all the information so I took the free guided tour with Stephen. This lasted more than 90 minutes and was endlessly interesting. And very worthwhile because he put the exhibits in a greater context, so I wasn't just looking at individual display cases. My only wish is that I had another 2 or 3 days to go back and see everything in greater detail. It really would take that much time to absorb the entire museum. What a beautiful gem! Don't miss this! And if you can, do the guided tour with Stephen.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank MJfromNJ
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was looking forward to my visit here, but I must say I was disappointed in the museum. I found there was too much on the entertainment industry and almost nothing on the contributions of jewish-americans in the fields of science, math, and technology.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank alcar45
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“A story of immigration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Beautiful building, right across the street from Liberty Bell. Interesting stories of people from all over the world coming to USA in pursuit of their "American Dream." From what I hear, it's the only museum in US to tell the American Jewish story in such way.

Visited May 2013