“Amazing Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
“Amazing Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The meal I had at this restaurant is one that I will forever compare all other dinners out to. Filet mignon: amazing. Crab cakes: remarkable. Mac & Cheese: I still dream about it. Stopped here on a whim while touring colleges along the East Coast and if I ever return to Philadelphia this will be the first place I stop. I highly recommend it and suggest you come hungry.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Boyertown, Pennsylvania
“Birthday Dinner with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

We just found this restaurant online. Beautiful place. Great service, Great food, Great desserts, but very pricey.

Visited October 2012
“Is this restaurant still open?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Beautiful atmosphere, but mediocre food. Is it still open? The last times I went by it is closed with a note on the door. They are not answering their phones and their website is down.

3 Thank Sambhogakaya
Philadelphia USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad food, not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went there for my husbands 35th birthday. Sat down, ordered crispy calamari, Aged NY Strip medium plus, side of potatoes, and chicken entree. Calamari arrived soon, tasted so so, pretty mediocre. The entrees arrived about 1 whole hour later! The steak was cool(not hot), it was also all soft, like it was boiled or sat somewhere under a lamp, and it tasted bad. I mean Applebees could have done this, not a $45+ steak. The chicken was hot but tasteless. Called manager, they were apologetic, offered another steak, but who wants to wait after being there 1.5 hours? told us it was comped, gave us free desert, bill came to be $35!!! What, they made us pay for the dinner sides, awful. We still tipped another $20.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great appetizers - dry steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The building is beautiful; the service was mostly wonderful. The bacon and scallops appetizer was amazing - absolutely incredible. However, the steak was far from living up to our expectations. I order fried onions on the filet, and my husband had the garlic rub on the porterhouse - both were just very dry. I would expect that from a chain - not from a well-known, expensive steakhouse. Next time, we will be trying a different steakhouse.