“Great food in beautifully decorated building”
Review of Union Trust Steakhouse - CLOSED

Union Trust Steakhouse
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This place is one of our favorites in Philly. Just a gorgeous building! The steaks and seafood are equally tasty and the bar is a lot of fun!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I went there last night to celebrate a graduation. We arrived 15 minutes early for a reservation and was seated immediately. Every aspect of this visit was amazing! Our server was Colin and he was phenomenal. He knew the menu inside and out and gave us great suggestions of what to get. We had crab cakes, lobster bisque, filet mignon, porterhouse, baked potato and brussel sprouts, every item was perfect and delicious! The atmosphere was so unique and beautiful it made the whole experience amazing. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I reserved a table for 6pm on a Saturday night. It was very quiet, only 4 tables seated in the whole place, probably because most people eat dinner later, but we were going to a performance later that evening. The steakhouse itself was absolutely gorgeous, and we had a great view of the entire restaurant. As I mentioned, it was very quiet, but yet we were seated in the upstairs, far back. I have mixed feelings on this, but I got some great pics.

He ordered the salmon, which came with a really nice roasted carrot and fennel...stew. It tasted nice, but looked like stew. The salmon was a perfect medium. I ordered the filet steak, which came on a big, white plate of...nothing. We got sides of yukon gold mashed potatoes, which were beautifully creamy, and roasted brussels sprouts, which were not all that exciting. I have cooked roasted brussels sprouts before and had them come out beautifully carmelized, but these were not exciting and came with chunks of bacon that I did not immediately recognize as bacon. Eh.

I cut into my steak and it looked beautifully medium like I wanted it, but the top of it was BURNT. I believe the definition of medium is with a warm, red center, but not with a burnt, crispy outside. My husband didn't like it either. I mentioned this to the waiter, and he agreed that no, the steak shouldn't be burnt. The manager came over and apologized as well. They gave us a new steak and it was just what we wanted: not quite melt-in-your mouth, but a warm, red center and nothing burnt...only steak taste. Much better. They even threw in a dessert even though we weren't interested in eating more.

I felt disappointed that a quiet restaurant would overdo a steak and seat us in the very back. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love our meal either.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went for restaurant week fall 2012 and it was a great choice. Everything about it was very good - food, service, atmosphere. Music was a little loud and like all bank converted buildings noise level was high. Would definitely recommend, at least for restaurant week and will definitely go again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went here this past week for dinner. Place was not crowded and server responded promptly. Both myself and my dining partner had the filet, It was just "average" for a restaurant that calls itself a steakhouse, Meat was a bit stringy and not all that tender. The ambience of the place is nice. One issue-- restrooms are up on the 2nd floor- quite a hike from where we sat on the first floor. Recommend if you want a great steak, try one of the other steakhouses in Phila like Del Frisco or Morton's .