“Bravissimo! A true gem!”

Paradiso - Philadelphia
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradiso - Philadelphia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #579 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Cross street between Tasker & Morris Streets
Washington, DC
“Bravissimo! A true gem!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Bravissimo! Outstanding in every way – beautifully presented food that is consistently fresh and tasty and suitable for foodies, served by attentive and knowledgable staff in a comfortable upscale décor. I’ve been pleased to dine here twice and eagerly anticipate the next time I’m in Philadephia so I can experience it again. It’s a true gem.

• Visited October 2012

Philadelphia, PA
“Poor service. MUCH better options in the area for less $$”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you are a picky eater or a vegetarian--this is probably NOT the place for you.

I (the picky one) dined here on a gorgeous evening with my boyfriend and our good friend (the veg). We live right near by and decided to take advantage of their prime, Passyunk location as well as a special offer to dine there through http://opentable.com. Now I see why this special offer existed...because you'd have to twist someone's arm to go here.

On the down side, the service was fair, to be NICE. Our server, I suppose presuming that three 20 somethings were going to stiff her on the check, decided we did not deserve the same level of service as she provided to her other tables. It's always very curious to me when a you can overhear your server give a warm welcome to the table next to you, read you delectable sounding specials, and offer wine specials, and then turn around to our table and say "Hi, what can I get you?". No "Good Evening". No "Is this your first time here". Nothing. We waited 15 minutes for to be offered dessert or our check. She took my drink from the table before I was through drinking it after I said I didn't want another. Our friend (the veg) ordered the potato gnocchi which he said was complete mush. I was forced to order the stuffed chicken (bleh) after I learned they were out of the only dish I would have eaten. Sub par. Won't go back.

On the plus side, I had the lentil soup which was quite good, the veg had the beet salad which he enjoyed, and my boyfriend admittedly liked his wild boar ragu.

Overall a sub par experience. Plenty of other better restaurants in the area.

Visited June 2012
Newtown Square, PA
“A postive new experience”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This restaurant just south of South Street on Pasayunk Avenue was a new new treat for me. I went with my two adult children and my teenage grandson My daughter chose it from her positive experience and for its relative quiet for a Saturday night. While it was rather noisy, it was not so much that I could not hear our table talk. While it was billed as an Italian restaurant and does have pasta choices on its menu, it has much more than that There were fish selections as well as meat cboices. We shared three appetizers which were well prepared and excellent.Each of the adults had one of the three fish choices which were impeccably prepared, all fresh and tasty. In the parlance of the Michelin Gude, it is worth a trip

• Visited June 2012
Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful Italian restaurant in a nifty neighborhood”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My Philadelphia-based son raves about his Passyunk neighborhood, and so we set out for this Italian spot in search of pasta prior to the Broad Street race. What a good choice! We arrived fairly early, about 6, and they had advised us no reservation was necessary. But it was full by the time we left, and noisy in that lovely way, like a neighborhood spot, where people call each other by name. White linen tablecloths, very attractive room, and the bar area was crowded with people on their feet as the evening wore on. Our wait-staff were all excellent, good attentive service with a very charming and knowledgeable waitress. We had two appetizers, the salmon and a spinach salad with wonderful cheese sliced over it, and two pastas, each one new to me and delicious. Bread was served pre-meal with three wonderful dips. There was no possibility of dessert - we were full and the race was the next morning! I will return here next visit to Philly and try many more dishes. It was great, not too expensive either.

• Visited May 2012
Philadelphia
“Not as flavorful as I expect”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Paradiso is a very upscale version of the neighborhood Italian restuarant. Between the Italian Market and East Passyunk, South Philly is a trove for exciting restuarants each with its own personality. In the end, Paradiso lacks the personality of many others while being at the top of the price range.
The food is fairly creative, noveau-Italian, and each dish looks promising on the menu but, I've been there three times, and every dish falls flat in terms of flavor. Pure and simple. And this is disappointing when you are paying $40-50 per person before wine.

• Visited February 2012