“One of the best”

Paradiso - Philadelphia
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradiso - Philadelphia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #462 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Cross street between Tasker & Morris Streets
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I can't say enough good things about Paradiso. I would eat here every night if I could. In an area with so much great Italian food, this is one of our favorites. Service is top notch and very friendly, and the food is amazing. Highlights include a silken foie gras appetizer with honey, olive oil poached halibut, and chestnut fettuccine with wild boar ragu (my favorite--perfectly cooked and full of great flavor). We had been told we have to try the gnocchi, but we will save that for another time since we had more than enough food.

In addition, it was my daughter's birthday and after dinner she was presented with a beautiful chocolate torte (with candle). That capped off a perfect evening for us. Thanks to everyone there for a memorable dinner.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Chef Lynn is the bomb! Our dinner was amazing, we started off with almond stuffed dates, wrapped in bacon and drizzled with a balsamic vinegar reduction. We toasted with a glass of Barolo, their wine list is awesome. The appetizer was a ricottoa stuffed zucchini blossom which was batter dipped and fried, scrumptious! Our main course was traditional porchetta, fell right off the bone, deep rich flavors, tasted just like Mom's -- Tell her Chef Jacquie sent you and ask her about her rooftop garden and bees!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

If you want something special, this is the place to go. Top notch food and service. Not a run of the mill neighborhood eatery. Truly a gem!

Reviewed July 17, 2011

In my opinion, the Best Italian Food in Philadelphia! This Cozy, little place, sits in the heart of an Italian neighborhood in South Philly. Gourmet Italian all the way. Excellent Service, Excellent FOOD! They have an extensive wine list, however, certain nights they offer BYOB. They have a nice little bar and outside dining also. We were treated with a Stuffed Zucchini Blossom Tempura Appetizer. Crisp, Tender, and Full of Flavor! I had the Oysters which were Plump and Juicy with just a hint of the Sea. Our Host Loved the Trip soup. He didn't leave a drop. For Dinner I chose the Hudson Valley Duck Breast, "Agrodolce" Cipollini Onion, Soft Polenta My date had the Braciola, Celery Root Puree and Smoked Tomato Puree. Everything was cooked PERFECTLY using the best cuts of meat. The Fresh Bread was served with Mashed Cannelloni Beans, Pesto, and Peppers. After Dinner, I enjoyed a nice Glass of Grand Marnier, My Date had the Home Made Lemon cello. Service and food were both EXCELLENT!! They also offer Price Fixe Menus and Daily specials! When in Philly, This is the place to go for REAL ITALIAN!

Reviewed May 24, 2010

A family run restaurant in south philly with the best pasta. Classic italian dishes and authentic new creations of seasonal fare.

Lynn Rinaldi, renown Philadelphia chef is both classically trained and educated by her Nonna. To produce home made pasta, sauces and desserts along side culinary dishes.