“Nice place for happy hour”

Tir Na nOg Irish Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tir Na nOg Irish Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #419 of 4,613 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Transit: Being located in Center City Philadelphia, Tir na nOg is well serviced by public transport. The bar is located directly above Suburban Station, which is the central hub for the Philadelphia suburbs. It is also 1 block from City Hall Subway stop, which is on both the Broad Street Line (North-South) and the Market-Frankford line (East-West).
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I've been to the Tir Na Nog a few times for happy hour and it is always the same-- crowded, frenzied wait staff, lots of conversation and laughing in the air. I like it here. They have a decent beer selection and standard Irish whiskeys.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were there around lunch time, just after they started serving lunch. Very thin and light crowd for a cold saturday afternoon. My Caesar salad was decent sized but lacking in a few pieces such as tomatoes and onions (but i don't get them on my salads anyway) and had the freshest lettuce i have ever had in a restaurant. My husband's Shepard's Pie was so good too judging by the bite i took! The table next to us had Gunness to drink and i could tell they were poured correctly (that's a good sign). We splurged a little for a shot of 12 year Tullamore Dew Whiskey shot straight up as i am a die hard Irish Whiskey drinker. That specific shot was $14! But so worth it! I would definitely come here again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I will give this place some of the benifit of the doubt, I went here during the mummers parade and as such they were serving a limited menu ... however we arrived 5 minutes after the breakfast menu had ended. I asked If we could order from it since the menu was on the table ... we were told no.

1) 15 minutes later tables around us were still getting from the breakfast menu when we had been told no.
2) The very limited menu had no cost options under $10, I asked for a half portion of the salad and I was told this was not possible "we cannot do anything outside this menu" is what I was told.
3) as such I had to spend $25 on two entree sized portions I could not finish and this was two items on the lowest price range. I just wanted my nachos and a little side of something else! No options for cup of soup or lighter options. With a few beers I was up to $50 including tip, way too much for a lunch.

Food: was just ok, chicken on nachos was luke warm and though the limited menu had food out very quickly. The lettuce on a friends salad had black specks on it that were not pepper ... from experience this tells me the lettuce was not washed.

May try this place one more time but not any time soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We hosted a party at Tir Na Nog, great location (downtown Philly), the service, food and music were all very good. They went out of their way to make sure our 200+ guests were happy. We recieved a lot of wonderful comments from our customers about this event. Definately would go back here.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

great place to come, relax and get a very yummy meal. We had the sliders. Very good and the largest side salad I ever saw! The dip for the french fries was awesome! Very large place but broken up in small rooms so very personal. Definitely will go there again if back in the north again!