“A little gem in Philly”

JNA Institute of Culinary Arts
Reserve with OpenTable
JNA Institute of Culinary Arts is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #456 of 4,519 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Federal
Transit: Broad Street Subway (Orange Line): Elsworth-Federal Sta.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is our 3rd visit to JNA to check out their new mediterranean inspired spring menu.The service was good and the food was simply delicious. We plan to return again soon.

1  Thank Janet T

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My table of four had a wonderful evening. The food was excellent as was the service. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank Janet T
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Tucked in South Philly on Broad, you will find this spot to be adequate and the food enjoyable 4 course for $25.00 is unbeatable for the quality of fare and preparation. Your server will take you on a tour of the school and kitchen between your third course and dessert. We thouroughly enjoyed out meal. I had the Chicken Egg Soup, Fried Scallops, Catfish and Gellato. I must say the plating was to perfection in this intimate, grandma's living room style dinning area.

4  Thank dMoniqueRenee
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My friend and I had dinner at JNA for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. We had four courses for $25. The strawberry and spinach salad, scallop appetizer, fish special and desserts were absolutely delicious! The host and cook who served us were very friendly and accommodating making sure everything was just right. They have a small wine list which had some very good wines for around $22. The restaurant was very nice considering it was part of a school. The only thing I would suggest is putting some curtains up to hide the offices because the decor was very nice. Can't wait to go back and try the new menu!!

3  Thank KaMar4486
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I purchased a GROUPON for a prix fixe meal at the JNA Institute of Culinary Arts. There were a wide variety of choices and we enjoyed them all. We started out with fresh baked bread that is made right on the premises by the students. We then each got to choose TWO appetizers to share (small plate but enough to share). We had the roasted peppers with goat cheese - yum; chicken chorizo which was spicy and very good, roasted potatoes with cayenne pepper and a spring salad. We both chose the chicken dish and it was perfect - the chicken had a wonderful flavor and was moist, For dessert, I had the rice pudding with raisins and figs - again, it was delicious and just enough to top off the meal. My husband had kind of a stick donut dipped in cinnamon and then you dip it in a chocolate sauce - delicioius! This was fun for something different. The students who waited on us were Josh and Barry. They were very professional. Barry especially was happy to answer any of our questions. Before we left, we were given a coupon for a return visit and I think that they will be seeing us again. The meal was reasonably priced and very good. I think that this is one of the well-kept secrets in Philadelphia. The menu is changed quarterly and is offered Tuesdays through Friday. The atmosphere is lovely and my only complaint is the chairs are terribly uncomfortable - they are small and metal and the cushion is too big for the seat. You don't feel like you can rest your back on the chair.

3  Thank ASF48