“Not Great”

Add it.
Benny the Bum's - Holiday Inn
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Food was not great and the service was a little slow and the restaurant was not busy. On a positive note, it is an ok place to watch a sporting event.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

When there after U2 concert at Lincoln field. They were pretty busy bc the concert just ended. We got a table with ease though. We Just wanted to get a bite to eat and have a few beers before heading home. The waitress mentioned the kichen was backed up bc they were so busy. We were cool with that and didn't mind waiting bc I love their wings and the bar is pretty chill. Although after waiting 50 minutes for wings and pizza. They gave our order to the table behind us which they got seated a good 20 minutes after us. The waitress realized what happened and walked away after asking us if we got our pizza! Wow. So we waited another ten minutes and the table which got our order got whatever they orginally ordered. I asked them is they ordered the pizza and wings. They said no. WTF! Yeah they aren't smart much but nothing made me more angry then the staff ignoring their big mistake and not approaching us with a resolution. So we just walked out without paying for the drinks we ordered. They didn't try and stop us bc they knew how angry we were. I will take my buisness to chickie's and mc faddens.

Reviewed August 31, 2009

It has been an extremely long time since I have had service as bad as I did at Benny the Bum's. When my husband and I arrived, the hostess was taking a call of a personal nature. At least 3 servers approached the hostess stand and did not even acknowledge us. When the hostess finally got off the phone, she insincerely appologized and just looked at us. She finally said, "Two?" and placed us at the nearest table. The waitress's service was just as poor. The food was mediocre at best. When we were ready for our check, our waitress was NOwhere to be found. Actually at one point, the hostess was on her iphone in the lobby and there were no servers in the dining area. When we finally received our check, we told her that she could take care of it right away, but because it was so loud (at 5:00 on a Sunday evening), she did not hear us. We gave her another 5 minutes before we left just enough money to cover the check and a VERY small tip on the table. In addition, even though one of the items we ordered was listed on the special's menu for $8.95, we were charged $10.95 for it.