“We Loved This Place!!”

Ranked #13 of 445 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hands-on museum where adults and children can learn and explore together. The museum is open Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Admission is $17 for adults and children age one and over. Children under one are free.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“We Loved This Place!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I visited with my husband and three kids. They absolutely LOVED the entire place!! We were able to buy discount tickets online via the Sesame Place website. My only complaint would be that my older daughter was not allowed in some of the play areas with her little brother because they were for age 3 and under. I wish she could have played with him!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Newburgh, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hands-on Fun”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

It was a huge place! we stayed until closing. The kids had a great time with all the different areas of the place. I don't think we fully experienced the entire place since they were content to spend hours at one "exhibit"

Baltimore, MD
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unique Location for Kids to Explore”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Please Touch Museum is located in the Exhibition Hall for the 1876 World's Fair and the building itself is fascinating with its history and the information about the World's Fair to celebrate America's Centennial. For kids, they will have a great time exploring the water area, the rocket area where you can build and launch your own rockets and the Alice in Wonderland exploration area. The building is big, so it didn't feel cramped like other kid's museums that I've been too. My 4 year old son, enjoyed getting to build his own car and looking at the train display in the basement. There was a lot of chances for him to do free play, although at times, he seemed a bit overwhelmed by all of the activities that he could do. As an adult, I enjoyed that they did have some older toys, some of which I remember having myself (the Star Wars toys from the 70s and 80s). We were able to do anything in the museum in about 2 to 3 hours, so you can fit in another activity in the day if you are trying to get a lot done in Philly. It is definitely worth a visit if you have children and want them to have some free time to explore and burn out some energy.

Visited July 2014
Burlington, Vermont
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was so pleased with this children's museum, it is the best I have ever been too. Our local museum did an Alice in Wonderland exhibit that was SO dissapointing... the installation at Please Touch made me so happy, it was truly exceptional. The kids had a blast. I wish the carosel was free or had an "unlimited" option because we paid for one ride but my daughter could have ridden it over and over. Very good way to spend a day in Philadelphia.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Unique and Dtunning Place to Pla”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you have young children (ages 2 - 7+) you will have a totally wonderful experience at the Memorial Hall home of the Please Touch Museum. The building itself in Fairmount Park is the last standing building from the Centennial celebration of Philadelphia's technology in the late 1800s. The rooms are designed for free play along themes - musical rainforest, water tables, transportation vehicles, a real indoor carousel, a full scale Alice in Wonderland play area, and everyone's favorite, the shopping market with carts, shelves, goodies to buy and places to play at being the cashier (please put things away when done)

Visited October 2013