“One of our favorites”

Cuisines: American, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
“One of our favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Living within 20 minutes, we frequent EBB a lot. The reviews from others are spot on: parking is challenging, the kids need to be reigned in (by their parents please!), the service can be spotty (any server other than Omar, who is GREAT!), and the flatbreads come to your table as soon as they are out of the oven. That means that you may not get yours at the same time as your dinner companion, but it will be hot and enjoyable. We all just dive in and share; its part of the fun. But for home brewed beers (4 or five on tap at a time, never repeated) and tasty flatbread at reasonable prices, this place cannot be beat. The house made sodas are also tasty (my teenage kids love them) and the dessert flatbreads are also highly recommended if you have room to spare.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 9_Lynnette_E

Ames, IA
“Seed Pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been to this restaurant and brewery several times and have always enjoyed it. I second the comment from another reviewer--the seed pizza (pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, mozzarella, lots of roasted garlic) is unusual and delicious. Their beer is good and the vibe is very down to earth and local. The last time I went, they ended up being out of a few things, but that didn't detract too much from my overall positive impression.

My one observation is that parking can be tough as it is right next to a gym and the city lot fills up.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like it, minus the kids and burnt flatbread.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I guess this is one place were parents take their kids to eat and I applaud you since it's not McDonald's or some crap restaurant. But when kids are not still and bouncing around, your kids are annoying!

I ordered the Hummus Sampler ($8) which was probably the best part of my entire meal. I also ordered the small Rio Bravo ($10) which is a flatbread with "spicy charred tomato salsa, pepper jack cheese, bell peppers, roasted onions, sliced tomatoes and fresh cilantro". They forgot to mention on their menu that the whole flatbread, especially the bottom would be charred. I prefer non burnt bread.

To drink my fiancé and I ordered a 13oz Baltus Porterus ($5.46) which was good. I do like restaurants that brew their own beer.

No desserts for us. Which they do not have much to choose from. According to their menu it states "NOTE::There will be a $10 service fee for desserts that are brought in from the outside."

If it wasn't for all those kids at this place and burnt flatbread I would probably give it a 4 or 5 stars

• Visited December 2012
“The seed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The seed pizza is seriously the best thing ever. I am a picky eater but this is amazing. Also the kale salad is scrumptious.

Lewisburg, West Virginia
“A weekly favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stop by here about once a week. Flatbreads are good, salad is tasty and soups are wonderful! Good selection of beers and they even carry Strongbow cider which I prefer. If you stop by, ask if Omar is working. He rocks!

• Visited December 2012