“Just what we needed!”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed in a jr suite. We were in Philly for medical appointments so staying at a clean, comfortable and quite place was a must. The front desk staff were not very welcoming when we checked it so we were a bit concerned about how things would go the rest of our stay. The room, bed and room service more then made up for the front desk staff. This was our last stop of a 2+ week long trip on the East coast. I seriously cried when I went to take a nap and felt the bed. It was heaven. It was like my temperpedic bed at home. The next day after a very full day with Dr appts, we ordered room service. The young woman who brought it was very kind, the food was delish and arrived hot and fast. Exactly what we needed at the end of a long arduous day. And again the bed was spectacular. We are coming to Philly for more medical appointments in the near future and will definitely stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Employees were friendly and helpful with information about the City. Everyone greeted you with a smile in the hallway and elevator and lobby. Great experience. Would stay here again. Location was great and central to all the sightseeing and restaurants in downtown Philadelphia. Wonderful experience and reasonable price.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

The staff at this hotel is wonderful and really made staying there a lot easier for a weary business traveler. The hotel is clean and so was my room. I wish I had read about their cancellation policy on tripadvisor before I stayed there. As a business traveler, I sometimes have to change my schedule unexpectedly. Little did I know that there was a fee for leaving one day earlier than planned (I had already been there 10 days). The front desk explained to me that the only way to not have the fee was to change the reservation before I arrived. Well, if I knew I was not going to stay that many days before I arrived...then of course there would be no problem.

What I don't understand when I read tripadvisor comments is that the hotel apologizes about the experience but doesn't change the policy. How many business travelers will not be staying there again because of this policy? I have traveled on business for 20 years and this is the first time I have ever encountered this. I asked the front desk if this was a Hilton policy and they said each property makes their own rules...well Hilton Garden Inn...this is not a good policy for business travelers. So, unfortunately, I will have to stay elsewhere....such a shame too because I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The room that I had was on the 7th floor. It was clean and I didn't hear any street noise.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This hotel is located right in the heart of Reading Market. It is a clean hotel and the staff is very helpful. It is convenient to the Market East Station which will help travelers navigate the city using public transportation. One thing about navigating the city from this location - There are panhandlers everywhere! For business travelers, there is a fee for early departure so if your schedule changes without notice, this might not be the location for you.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Wack family
My family and I had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at this hotel and was very pleased with it. The staff was wonderful! The Front desk staff was friendly, efficient and very helpful with the amenities of the hotel, directions around the city and what to expect. The restaurant staff was wonderful and the manager went above and beyond for us! When I misplaced something she went out of her way to find it for me. The breakfast was delicious. The servers and hostess were always friendly and efficient. The location was great. We were able to see almost everything we wanted by walking and only took the car out once. We were lucky to get there the week they were putting new mattresses in! The hotel was very clean also. We enjoyed our stay very much and would stay there again! We would definitely give this hotel and its staff a 10!

Room Tip: We stayed in the junior suite with our two children and two double beds and it was great!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Convenient location in the middle of many great venues in Philadelphia. The market next door was a site to see. Hotel check in was smooth...and the staff was welcoming, attentive, helpful and always had a smile to share :-)

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Very conveniently located; parking is expensive; seems quiet and clean. Not exactly a bargain rate, but it is downtown Philly. Very close to the market, which is a terrific resource for the traveler. Friendly staff, basic accommodations.