“Good location”

Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Oneonta, Alabama
“Good location”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel room was in a good location, within walking distance to Independence Hall, steps to train that will take you to pro sports complex, and adjacent to Reading Terminal Market. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was helpful and sincere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thanks for sharing your excellent review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is very pleased to have read that everything about your stay was excellent and every team member you came in contact with was helpful and sincere. We look forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our stay was perfect from beginning to end. We were welcomed upon arrival and given lots of attention. Our room was clean and spacious. The hotel is easy walking distance from the subway. Our next stay in Philadelphia will definitely be at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for sharing your excellent review! The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everything about your stay was wonderful and you were treated like royalty. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town!
Lexington, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very thin walls between rooms allow whatever is going on in the next room to be heard - TV, radio, etc. The air conditioner is typical of many middle-of-the-road type hotels. It was noisy but it worked well with wall mounted controls. The bathroom was clean and I never saw a bug...even in the middle of the night. The restaurant food was excellent. Much better than expected...especially the filet for dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed our restaurant and mentioned our hotel was clean and comfortable. I apologize for the noise complaint and hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
Baltimore
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We picked the hotel because it was right across the street from the convention center. It was obviously very convenient and helped make my con experience a good one. The room was a decent size, even with three of us in the room. Everything seemed clean and well taken care of. The staff was friendly and answered any questions we had.

I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We really look forward on seeing you in the future and hope that your stay is just as great as your recent one!
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was going to a conference at the convention center (across the street) and the HGI had better rates than the "preferred" hotels. I got there too early for check in, so the (gorgeous and friendly!) bell woman took my bags, and the front desk called me on my cell phone when the room was ready (which was at the time they had told me it would be, not later!)
Front desk staff and bell staff incredibly nice, friendly, and helpful. I had heard that some of the rooms had loud A/C units. So before I was assigned a specific room, the front desk had an engineer check to make sure that my room was one of the ones that had been updated with new A/C. Also, one afternoon I pressed for the elevator in the lobby, then had to ask the front desk a question - when the elevator arrived, the bellman had run to the elevator to "save" it for me until I was done. That little extra gesture was very appreciated.
The room was good size, and I appreciated the chair and ottoman for reading. There's an empty half fridge and a microwave. I had brought yogurt for quick breakfasts, and the front desk provided me with plastic spoons.
The location is right next to Reading Terminal Market and in the middle of Chinatown, so finding a good restaurant within a 5 minute walk is easy.
The beds at HGI are always comfortable I think - and the first 2 nights I slept well. Unfortunately there were some loud guests the next 2 nights, and it was easy to hear conversation in the next room and the hallway.
The tub was a hard plastic mold, not ceramic, so that felt a little weird. Water was hot if not especially strong. And housekeeping was ok - the staff was very nice, but not especially thorough.
Flavored water (fresh fruit) and cookies were out in the lobby for guests each day. There is a small indoor pool and exercise room (a few cardio machines, bench, exercise ball, and free weights).

I would definitely recommend staying here for the location/staff service/value/comfort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed your room and your stay overall. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area!
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Each person I interacted with from housekeeping, room service, room engineer, front desk, etc. provided professional, warm, very prompt, and personal care. I became ill while on my trip and Melina at the front desk found me an urgent care, and when I returned to my room, had a "care package" of water, chicken noodle soup, cough drops, and a kind note waiting on me. Everyone was equally eager to provide great customer care, in all areas. It was truly a refreshing level of service and it made all the difference in a long business trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to share the excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad Milena took such good care of you!! The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to Philadelphia!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Warning! Philadelphia is expensive to stay in and play. I was expecting to at least get a good night , but no luck. My main complaint is the underground runs under the hotel, creating constant noise. The room itself was ok, but the bath was less than expected. Towels were scratchy and the toilet low to the ground. (I am short). Finally, the bed was made but it seemed like the housekeeping threw the sheets on. They kept falling off during the night.

With all that said the location is fantastic and the staff could not be friendlier.

Room Tip: The higher up the less noise I am sure.