“Great value and location”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #36 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Potomac, Maryland
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was going to a conference at the convention center (across the street) and the HGI had better rates than the "preferred" hotels. I got there too early for check in, so the (gorgeous and friendly!) bell woman took my bags, and the front desk called me on my cell phone when the room was ready (which was at the time they had told me it would be, not later!)
Front desk staff and bell staff incredibly nice, friendly, and helpful. I had heard that some of the rooms had loud A/C units. So before I was assigned a specific room, the front desk had an engineer check to make sure that my room was one of the ones that had been updated with new A/C. Also, one afternoon I pressed for the elevator in the lobby, then had to ask the front desk a question - when the elevator arrived, the bellman had run to the elevator to "save" it for me until I was done. That little extra gesture was very appreciated.
The room was good size, and I appreciated the chair and ottoman for reading. There's an empty half fridge and a microwave. I had brought yogurt for quick breakfasts, and the front desk provided me with plastic spoons.
The location is right next to Reading Terminal Market and in the middle of Chinatown, so finding a good restaurant within a 5 minute walk is easy.
The beds at HGI are always comfortable I think - and the first 2 nights I slept well. Unfortunately there were some loud guests the next 2 nights, and it was easy to hear conversation in the next room and the hallway.
The tub was a hard plastic mold, not ceramic, so that felt a little weird. Water was hot if not especially strong. And housekeeping was ok - the staff was very nice, but not especially thorough.
Flavored water (fresh fruit) and cookies were out in the lobby for guests each day. There is a small indoor pool and exercise room (a few cardio machines, bench, exercise ball, and free weights).

I would definitely recommend staying here for the location/staff service/value/comfort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed your room and your stay overall. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Kansas City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Each person I interacted with from housekeeping, room service, room engineer, front desk, etc. provided professional, warm, very prompt, and personal care. I became ill while on my trip and Melina at the front desk found me an urgent care, and when I returned to my room, had a "care package" of water, chicken noodle soup, cough drops, and a kind note waiting on me. Everyone was equally eager to provide great customer care, in all areas. It was truly a refreshing level of service and it made all the difference in a long business trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to share the excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad Milena took such good care of you!! The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to Philadelphia!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Warning! Philadelphia is expensive to stay in and play. I was expecting to at least get a good night , but no luck. My main complaint is the underground runs under the hotel, creating constant noise. The room itself was ok, but the bath was less than expected. Towels were scratchy and the toilet low to the ground. (I am short). Finally, the bed was made but it seemed like the housekeeping threw the sheets on. They kept falling off during the night.

With all that said the location is fantastic and the staff could not be friendlier.

Room Tip: The higher up the less noise I am sure.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
I am sorry about your so-so time at our hotel. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the experience in the room for our future guests. On that note, thank you for mentioning how friendly our staff was. We hope to see you again!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed at the Philadelphia City Center Hilton Garden Inn. I was pleasantly surprised by the manager who was extremely knowledgeable about the places to eat in the immediate vicinity. I chose the Banana Leaf as our first-night dining experience. The Banana Leaf was very close to our hotel and had excellent food. We were able to share a large bowl of sour-spicy soup. My favorite!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mrsydrob
We are glad to hear you enjoyed some of the wonderful food the city has to offer. We love to give suggestions to our guest and send them to our favorite restaurants. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Philadelphia!
Philadelphia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Very nicely kept hotel, rooms and facilities. Staff very responsive and always friendly. Great location in Philadelphia City Center. Easy access to historic sites and nice walk to museums. Shuttle or train to and from airport and ready access to taxi service if you don't want to walk

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback! We are very glad you enjoyed the room, our facilities, and mentioned that our staff was friendly. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town.
Walhonding, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

After a 7 hr trip and no room at hotel we had reservation for !! We ended up at the Hilton Gardens. And was not disappointed. Staff was amazing and so helpfully.. Was able to park downtown in their garage. And stay most of the day while we toured the city

Room Tip: We will only stay at this hotel , its in the heart of the city , very kid friendly and staff was gre...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your excellent review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everything about your stay was wonderful and we will be the hotel you use in Philadelphia. We look forward to your next visit!
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I must start this review by saying that my reception in Philadelphia was abominable and my mindset was not the most positive. When I got to the hotel, the desk clerk, Christine, went out of her way to make my day better. She provided me with a city map and held my luggage while I explored (I got there early, and my room wasn't available). She called me once my room was ready, and I was made to feel very valued and appreciated.

The room was spacious without going over the top. The bed was luxuriously comfy, and the in-room amenities (Keurig, fridge, microwave, desk and easy chair) were perfect for relaxing. The view wasn't great, but the curtains were nice and thick so it was easy to block that.

Last night, the hotel offered citrus infused water and cookies, which added to the welcoming atmosphere. Yum!

The only thing that really brought down the rating was the price. Even with the convenient location, the room (and the $36 per night parking fee) seemed excessively pricey.

A very nice place, but a little high priced, even with the Hilton name attached.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed our rooms, cookies, and hospitality! Thank you for recognizing our staff member as we are happy she was so helpful and left such a positive impression to be mentioned. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again!