“World Class Customer Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #40 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was the first time I felt like royalty upon arriving to a hotel in the USA mainland. Bellman Orlando Gonzalez and front desk clerk Paula Overstreet represent the true meaning of World Class Customer Service. I felt welcome and appreciated. The room was well appointed and clean and service was great!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hello Javier C,

Wow, the entire team especially Orlando and Paula were very excited to read your recent review. Everyone at the hotel works very hard to leave such positive impressions and I really appreciate you sharing this. We are all glad that you enjoyed your visit and found the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia to "Represent the true meaning of Customer Service and that your room was well appointed and clean". We hope to see you again real soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,074)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here on a business trip. The staff were among the best of any hotel I have stayed at. They were very courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. The same theme seemed to follow throughout the hotel. The facility was clean, well maintained, and pleasant. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The hotel is right next to the Reading market, and walking distance to the courthouse and the liberty bell. All these praises aside, this is an older (very well maintained) hotel, and the curious layout of doors for the bathroom, closet, and entry door is a bit dated. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the room had 2 televisions. We had free internet as well. Paid $219 a night plus tax.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello Steve B,

Wow, the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City is so proud to read your recent review. The entire team does try very hard to leave such positive impressions and we are so glad you found everything to be clean, well maintained and all of the team members among the best at any hotel you have stayed at. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Traveling to NJ for a family reunion and decided to fly into Philly instead of Newark. The hotel is in a great location, easy access to restaurants and tourist attractions. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Visitors to Philly, beware of the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA). They will tow your car at the drop of a hat. They towed our rental car. Paula Overstreet was very sympathetic to our misfortune and gave us breakfast vouchers and drink vouchers, and comp-ed our parking. Only negative comment I have is the breakfast buffet, everything was cold, scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes. Glad we didn't have to pay for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Jim Z,

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are glad that you travelled into town for your family reunion and found our hotel clean, our location convenient, our team member Paula O to be very helpful with your concerns. We are sorry about the PPA as city parking is always something to beware of (watch Parking Wars). We look forward to you returning again soon as we want to change your opinion on your breakfast experience. Please let us know when your plans have you back to our area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Coming in from NYC for a concert and didn't know the area. By chance, chose Hilton Garden Inn and we're so pleased we did! The hotel was perfectly situated on the SEPTA transit line (Market East stop). A block away!!!!! The room (a jr. suite - there were 3 of us) was amply-sized and great for our needs.

Superbly helpful was the staff, w/a special shout out to Paula Overstreet. She worked the main desk when we arrived and (as a fellow former New Yorker)....made sure that everything was great. She printed out directions for a great cheese steak place before we even walked away.

The beds are outstanding, not too firm and nicely plush! I want one of those mattresses! Breakfast was delish and everyone working upstairs in the restaurant (and the bar the night before were so friendly!).

We want to go back and stay there and see more (once the government reopens!!!)

Room Tip: No tips, ours was great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hello Halli M,
Wow we were all so delighted to read your wonderful review. Our entire team works very hard to leave such positive impressions and we are glad that you were so pleased. Thank you for making a special comments about our restaurant team and Paula O. Please let me know when your planning on returning so we can make sure that everything is just as perfect!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I will look for brands other than Hilton in the future. I was overcharged beyond the $75 early checkout i was informed of. As I stated earlier a co-worker made the reservation for 5 days and I only required 2 days. I explained at the desk on check in and was told I would be charged for 3 days plus $75 for early check out but was charged for the full original booking. The room was dated and the bathroom smelled like urine which was kind of a theme for the entire hotel. I would not stay there again and would not recomend to anyone. The second morning I had breakfast the service was horrible to say the least.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hello Keith M,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent conference. We are sorry that your experience went the way it did and appreciate you letting us know so that we can look into why you were charged as you mentioned. As I mentioned in my correspondence to you we will make this right and again we are sorry that you were mistakenly charged the extra nights charge.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The location is wonderful, in Chinatown. Next door is Terminal Fresh Market...and must do! Valet parking was a joke..for $36.00 a night we parked our own car. Alarms went off at 9:30AM in the morning, and just kept on making announcements..we had arrive back really late to the hotel after a late night event, so we were not pleased to be awakened by alarms that continued on and on...the Grill was closed for a wedding so not able to use. The location is key in Chinatown, everything is within walking distance, very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are glad you enjoyed our location. Parking charges can be expensive as we do not own the garage, we are fortunate that it is connected to the hotel from a convenience standpoint. I do apologize about the alarms that morning, we did have a sprinkler pipe in our garage area activate and for the safety of our guests the alarms automatically activated until it is determined that everything is safe for all of our guests and team members. When your plans bring you back to our area, please let me know so we can make sure that everything is perfect during your next visit.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was surprised to find this Garden Inn here. What I liked the best was everyone was trained in customer awareness! Lots of smiles, and lots of help to go out of the way for anything that you asked for. Upstairs in the restaurant all the servers and greeters were great! They watched out for you, noticed, and helped out where appropriate: Behind the bar, the barmen where competent and quick, and served the cocktails again with friendliness in mind.

We did have one real negative - all but one elevator was out during my stay - but the delay didn 't last longer than a day, and you could tell they tried to get things back on tract as soon as possible!

I was very content with the business center as well, and used the self standing computer and printer on a number of occasions.

Again, only real negative was the pool, but, in such a building, what can you do! At least there was one! And, yes, I always need a safe in the room to make me feel good!

Congratulations to your team for doing such a great job during the stay, always with a smile, and, the front desk, Paula, you are the greatest!

PS - I loved the breakfast!

Room Tip: Just ask at the front desk. They probably can help you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello belgoamerican,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your very positive recent review. Our team does work very hard to leave such positive impressions and it is evident from your review. We are sorry about the elevator delays as we are currently working with our elevator company to make the necessary repairs to avoid any unexpected outages. I will make sure to thank Paula from our front desk for your special recognition and I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet her. We look forward to you returning soon.