“Great stay - Great staff- Great food”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Lawton, United States
“Great stay - Great staff- Great food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for a full week. Wonderful experience. Staff and accommodations were exceptional for the price. Food was very good. Hotel is also close to convention center and historical sights. Would highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Superior, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is in a great location in Downtown Philadelphia, lots of great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Right on the edge of Chinatown and only 1 block from the SEPTA Market East Station so it makes using the public transit system in Philly a great choice. Located on the same block as Reading Terminal Market makes it the ideal hotel to stay at if you are in town to check out all the local food choices. It's a surprisingly quiet hotel given it's location in a downtown setting

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Found hotel-under a kinda ghetto parking garage bridge. Kinda skanky. Hotel hasn't done anything to lure an audience in from the street very well. But once in, I learned that my room purchase didnt include b-fast. I was not aware of that and when everyone else was checking in, they were getting bfast passes. I asked for mine and the clerks reply was a little loud and condescending- it embarrassed me. Like I wasnt worthy of bfast pass...I HATED that. The room was GREAT. Comfy, clean...

The hot tub was big sell and NOTHING on ANY website or notice mentioned it was BROKEN. But they still used it to lure you in.

The pool was NNNAAASSTTYYYYY.

When checking out, they had cookies in a jar. They covered a tower Chocolate Chip Cookies with powdered sugar. I thought that was funny. Who does THAT? Brownies, yes, but cookies?? It was obvious they were trying to make the ordinary look special. I made a joke about it and the clerk snapped back at me. THAT was embarrassing, too!

The WI-FI was HORRIBLE. Impossible for anyone on business to do business via on line.

I places my dinner and bev in fridge for next day. Opened fridge in AM, everything was warm. Fridge was broken.

Am I being punished?? I'm a good guy!!

Basically, I would not rec'md this place for business travelers.

My other review of the hotel in Charleston SC is important bc when I go to hotels, I tend to stay with them and return. I build relationships. I like walking in and the clerks know me and we talk and joke around and they dont make me feel like I'm giving them money or I owe them something for the services and perks.....the Hilton Garden Inn is does the complete opposite.

If I dont offer something or pay for something I'm treated different.

The services are terrible (pool and wi-fi) and the clerks are rude. They are NOT professional in any sense of the word.

By they way....where the heck did the word GARDEN come from?? What Garden??? Thats as bad as the Holiday Inn Brooklyn Bridge of Park Slope Brooklyn using the name Brooklyn Bridge when I live across the street from it. The Brooklyn Bridge is 5 subway stops away- a 45 minute walk. Lies!!!!!

For a nice room and close to Independence Hall etc, its a good fit.
This is NOT a hotel for business travelers
Don't expect good service or clean facilities outside of the room
Don't expect practical wi-fi to do business with.

Next!!

Room Tip: Rooms Good Pool and Hot Tub Bad Service Bad Location Near Tourist Stuff Good Spooky Parking Gara...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello Tim y,
Thanks for sharing your recent experience. We are actually getting ready to remodel our exterior. We will be adding a new lighted canopy entrance as well as some artwork and additional wall sconces to improve the lighting, Thanks for recognizing our housekeeping team as they work hard to keep your room clean and comfortable. If you provide me with additional details on your reservation I can certainly see if you reserved one of our breakfast packages as well as discuss this directly with the front desk team members that checked you in. Our goal is to continually improve and your review certainly provides that opportunity. We were surprised about your internet comments as we have recently upgraded our service and have had many positive remarks about the connectivity. Our team does hope that if you’re in the area again you give us another opportunity to offer the service levels our team regularly strives towards.
Pune, India
Reviewed July 20, 2013

It is in down town. The rooms are excellent since we as a family stayed in two rooms. The ambiance of the hotel is average. All attractions are near by. The restaurants are close by to have food at reasonable rates.
ganu 1979

Room Tip: Nothing in particular
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Ganudadu,
We are very glad that your family enjoyed the two rooms and that they were excellent and that you enjoyed our location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Montgomery Village, Maryland
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel was a great value for the money. The staff was helpful from the minute we walked in the door. We arrived early and we were allowed to leave our luggage for the bellman to put away for us until a room was ready. It freed us up so we could explore Philly. The room was nicely designed with a comfy chair and ottoman, a desk and a new flat screen t.v. This last part always makes my husband happy. Everything was immaculate and the toiletries were from Bath and Body Works. It was a great value for the money. Thanks to the staff of the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Ezuhlke,
We are all very glad that you had such a great experience at our hotel as the team works very hard to make this happen. Thanks for recognizing our team and we all look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia.
State College
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was very clean and conveniently located in downtown Philadelphia. We would have had an excellent stay had the rooms we had reserved been available. We were substituted into other rooms and had to speak to three different managers before we were able to be refunded for the mistake.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Marylou,
Thanks for sharing your almost excellent experience and recognizing our cleaning efforts and location. I am glad that we were able to resolve the concern with the room accommodations and look forward to you returning so we can provide that excellent stay.
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great View from the top floor even with evening showers. Within walking Distance to many historic attractions. Wish I had more free time to explorer the City. There also a Market on the same block you must visit yourself.