“Hilton Garden Inn Phila - a solid value!”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #40 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently for a birthday weekend celebration in Phila.
The Hotel and management were totally accomadating. Mgr. Jeff Swirsky arranged an early check in for us so we could get to a 12 noon entrance to the Barnes Foundation. He also blocked a suite room for us which was ready for our 11:20am arrival. Reception employees were spot on with an efficient and friendly check in. The room was spotless, spacious and special too. The duty mgr. on Sunday accomodated a late(1pm) check out for us too. Now folks this is all service that is tip top.

The Hilton has an excellent location too - right near the convention center, the Reading market, shops, restaurants and more.

You can't go wrong with this Hilton which I recommend to you. It is truly a solid value in center city Philadelphia!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,074)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

just across from the Convention Center and next to Reading Terminal market. Parking is pricey (adjacent to convention center) but I've always found this to be a great place to stay. I did have some problems with the HVAC on my most recent stay, mentioned it to staff who said that they would have someone look at it, but the fan was VERY LOUD.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location for the Convention Center. I have stayed there several times over the years and it is generally okay/fine. This time my bed was so saggy that I had to sleep right at the edge which seemed to be a little better. GET NEW MATTRESSES - I hope they read these posts!

Room Tip: I had a handicapped room which had a nice sitting area but little sink space.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Yes ,we read every review from our guests and we sincerely apologize that you were not happy with our mattresses. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great location and friendly staff. Located a block from Chinatown and right next to the Reading Terminal Markets, this Hilton Garden Inn is one of my favorite places to stay when in Philly. The staff is always genuine and nice. This morning on my way to the Reading Terminal for breakfast, I was greeted no less than 5 times by housekeeping, maintenance, and front desk staff. Very nice, sometimes it is the little things. The parking is in a garage that is just adjacent to the hotel, which confused me the first time I stayed here. Easy to navigate on this, my second, stay.

Room Tip: Park next to the "hotel elevator" and take it to the ground floor. Exit the elevator and...
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The layout is very efficient....park out front to check-in...attached garage right there.....easy and quick entry to the very efficient lobby and elevators. Restaurant on the 10th floors for the breakfast HHonors freebie was bright and open - a good way to start the day.

Rooms were the normal Garden Inn quality.

Decent but small work out room...could use a couple more machines (only one elliptical - sp?).

A normally prefer a historical hotel in city centers, but I didn't have the time to research. It's good to know that Garden Inn has my back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view...the higher the better.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We were right next to Chinatown, close to Independence Hall and close enough to the Museum of Art. The parking structure for this hotel was not the nicest and it made me leary of the hotel but once I got inside, I had a better impression. The lobby was nice and the front desk clerks were nice. They even had free cookies at the front desk after 5 pm.

I was a little disappointed that our suite did not have a separate room from the sitting area but the room itself was clean and the furniture was nice. We had a teenager with us so a separate bedroom with a door would've given all of us more privacy.

I had booked a room that said it came with two complimentary breakfasts but I noticed after checking in that there was no mention of two free breakfasts. So I called the front desk and the gal who answered said I gave up my free breakfasts for a room upgrade. Before I could even argue about it, she said I'll just print you up some coupons and she did right away. I thought that was really nice of her and she even gave me a coupon for our teenager.

The breakfast was really good because you could order your own omelettes and pancakes. I don't think I would've paid $15 each for it but it was great as a complimentary breakfast.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had to go to Penn Hospital for a 7:00 appt and decided to stay night before, and Hotel had an excellent location, very friendly accomdating staff. Location next to Reading Market was fab, and eateries all in walking distance. Clean hotel, a bit dated, but not bad at all. Would stay here again, bathroom was spotless & rooms clean, parking next door, very convenient. Wonderful staff, always around and friendly and helpful

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple