“saggy mattress”

Ranked #37 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“saggy mattress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location for the Convention Center. I have stayed there several times over the years and it is generally okay/fine. This time my bed was so saggy that I had to sleep right at the edge which seemed to be a little better. GET NEW MATTRESSES - I hope they read these posts!

Room Tip: I had a handicapped room which had a nice sitting area but little sink space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Yes ,we read every review from our guests and we sincerely apologize that you were not happy with our mattresses. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great location and friendly staff. Located a block from Chinatown and right next to the Reading Terminal Markets, this Hilton Garden Inn is one of my favorite places to stay when in Philly. The staff is always genuine and nice. This morning on my way to the Reading Terminal for breakfast, I was greeted no less than 5 times by housekeeping, maintenance, and front desk staff. Very nice, sometimes it is the little things. The parking is in a garage that is just adjacent to the hotel, which confused me the first time I stayed here. Easy to navigate on this, my second, stay.

Room Tip: Park next to the "hotel elevator" and take it to the ground floor. Exit the elevator and...
Camas WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The layout is very efficient....park out front to check-in...attached garage right there.....easy and quick entry to the very efficient lobby and elevators. Restaurant on the 10th floors for the breakfast HHonors freebie was bright and open - a good way to start the day.

Rooms were the normal Garden Inn quality.

Decent but small work out room...could use a couple more machines (only one elliptical - sp?).

A normally prefer a historical hotel in city centers, but I didn't have the time to research. It's good to know that Garden Inn has my back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view...the higher the better.
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We were right next to Chinatown, close to Independence Hall and close enough to the Museum of Art. The parking structure for this hotel was not the nicest and it made me leary of the hotel but once I got inside, I had a better impression. The lobby was nice and the front desk clerks were nice. They even had free cookies at the front desk after 5 pm.

I was a little disappointed that our suite did not have a separate room from the sitting area but the room itself was clean and the furniture was nice. We had a teenager with us so a separate bedroom with a door would've given all of us more privacy.

I had booked a room that said it came with two complimentary breakfasts but I noticed after checking in that there was no mention of two free breakfasts. So I called the front desk and the gal who answered said I gave up my free breakfasts for a room upgrade. Before I could even argue about it, she said I'll just print you up some coupons and she did right away. I thought that was really nice of her and she even gave me a coupon for our teenager.

The breakfast was really good because you could order your own omelettes and pancakes. I don't think I would've paid $15 each for it but it was great as a complimentary breakfast.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
bayville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had to go to Penn Hospital for a 7:00 appt and decided to stay night before, and Hotel had an excellent location, very friendly accomdating staff. Location next to Reading Market was fab, and eateries all in walking distance. Clean hotel, a bit dated, but not bad at all. Would stay here again, bathroom was spotless & rooms clean, parking next door, very convenient. Wonderful staff, always around and friendly and helpful

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn because I was attending a 3-day seminar that was taking place in one of the conference rooms there. The location is great! It's in walking distance to Reading Market, Chinatown, sites and shopping. The staff was friendly and welcoming.
However, there were issues with my hotel room. The mattress was supposed to be adjustable, but didn't seem to work when I tried to make it firmer. The fitted sheet had yellowish stains in the middle of it and didn't fit correctly, leaving much of the mattress exposed. The pillows didn't have any sort of pillow protector on them, just the pillow and the pillow case. I could see stains on the pillow itself through the white pillowcase. One of the bathroom towels that was put out for me had dried blood on it, hair and black stains. I discovered the dirty towel on my last night there. A staff member came to pick it up right away and dispose of it for me (I was scared to touch it and so was the staff member!). With the dirty towel came a free breakfast ticket. Big whoop. If it hadn't been my last night there, I would have demanded more, but instead I stuck it out and just didn't touch anything else in my room for the rest of my stay. I guess you can't have it all. At least this hotel has the location and the friendly staff going for it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. However, I would like to apologize for the condition of your bed as well. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is nicley decorated and well equipped. The staff is friendly and efficient. The lacation is excellent. if you plan on visiting the sights. You can leave your car and walk to almost everything. Be sure to visit Reading Terminal Market. Also, the dim sum restaurant across the street is outstanding. The only downside is that parking is not included in the price of the room, and if you have an oversized vehicle, you'll need to park aroung the corner at a garage that accepts larger vehicles

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family