“Good Hotel for a Business Trip, But...”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #38 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn because I was attending a 3-day seminar that was taking place in one of the conference rooms there. The location is great! It's in walking distance to Reading Market, Chinatown, sites and shopping. The staff was friendly and welcoming.
However, there were issues with my hotel room. The mattress was supposed to be adjustable, but didn't seem to work when I tried to make it firmer. The fitted sheet had yellowish stains in the middle of it and didn't fit correctly, leaving much of the mattress exposed. The pillows didn't have any sort of pillow protector on them, just the pillow and the pillow case. I could see stains on the pillow itself through the white pillowcase. One of the bathroom towels that was put out for me had dried blood on it, hair and black stains. I discovered the dirty towel on my last night there. A staff member came to pick it up right away and dispose of it for me (I was scared to touch it and so was the staff member!). With the dirty towel came a free breakfast ticket. Big whoop. If it hadn't been my last night there, I would have demanded more, but instead I stuck it out and just didn't touch anything else in my room for the rest of my stay. I guess you can't have it all. At least this hotel has the location and the friendly staff going for it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. However, I would like to apologize for the condition of your bed as well. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,052)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is nicley decorated and well equipped. The staff is friendly and efficient. The lacation is excellent. if you plan on visiting the sights. You can leave your car and walk to almost everything. Be sure to visit Reading Terminal Market. Also, the dim sum restaurant across the street is outstanding. The only downside is that parking is not included in the price of the room, and if you have an oversized vehicle, you'll need to park aroung the corner at a garage that accepts larger vehicles

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

choose this hotel for location, very happy with our stay, quiet and clean, friendly staff, and walking distance to see the sites of Philly, subway nearby to commute to visit family, mall across street with food court

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were able to walk to museums, restaurants, and other attractions from this great spot near the convention center. Great breakfast, friendly staff, and a very quiet room. The pool could have been cleaner but management took my complaint very seriously and promised to speak with their service company.

Room Tip: If you don't care about a view, ask for a room on the interior of the building for peace and qui...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights - Hotel is ideal for the sights with everything in easy walking distance. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very quiet considering its location. looking a bit tired in places but that did not spoil the stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March for a four day convention. Hotel is right across the street from the convention center. Note not a covered walkway so if raining you will need umbrella. It is also next door to the Reading Terminal for lots of breakfast and lunch choices etc. Hotel itself is fairly new and very comfortable. Refrigerator and microwave in each room is nice touch. Breakfast is served on 10th floor but is expensive ( 20 bucks). There is a locals diner around the corner to your right that serves a good inexpensive breakfast. The breakfast room becomes a bar at night. Nothing fancy but sports on TV and a good place to relax with a group. The hotel is close to anything center city and is just a block from Market Street East Septa stop. Taxis are abundant at most times of day and night right outside hotel if you need tor travel via other means. I found it to be a good resting spot for four nights and the perfect choice for a convention hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Once you manage to navigate the parking garage and wrestle the luggage through a less tan appealing garage elevator entry, the accommodations are not bad. Would be nice if they had a little coffee bar with pastry as a breakfast choice rather than the full blown buffet.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we welcome any additional comments you would like to share. However, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences you and your family experienced during you stay. Thanks again for posting your review and we hope to see you return soon.