Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
$222
$199
$197
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$292
$197
$179
$167
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$235
$219
Doubletree.com
2,113 results
All reviewsthe reading terminal marketacross the streetgreat locationfloor restaurantparking garagecenter cityjunior suitewithin walking distanceliberty belljefferson stationrestaurant stafftop floorflower showhotel is locatedindependence hallbusiness centerfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Ok. The first observation is the entrance to the hotel is under a bridge or walkway and reminds me of port authority in NYC. So, the outside entrance is dark and has cheap stores across the street like a bus terminal. On the flip side, the location of the hotel is right around the corner from Chinatown with its Arch "hence Arch st.", across from the convention center with Reading Terminal Market is around the corner on the same block with interesting food shops and some gift stuff. But be warned that on weekdays Reading closes at 6pm...so no dinner options there -just breakfast and lunch.

Around the corner across the street near the Hard Rock Cafe is the Marriott, which would be a better stay to access the Reading market and Chinatown and get a "Brighter and Lighter" location. However, price played into our decision to come to Hilton Garden plus an indoor-pool with jacuzzi and a nice 10th floor restaurant that is bright and looks out over the city.

For families with young children coming for History tour, this is not recommended. It is too far a walk to Independence Hall through some ugly and smelly areas of Philly . The Holiday Inn in Old City seemed a better location, for an inexpensive family visit to Philly...but we couldn't get a reservation there. Also, noted is the Omni which is in a perfect location, but much more expensive than the Hilton Garden.

Hilton Garden is not a pretty location and it is a noisey location, with the hospital around the corner. The maid service was lacking and did not make our beds but just delivered clean towels, toiletries and emptied the garbage. Room in general was clean and noted was the upgrades on bedding and TVs. The Fan in the room was loud but worked to our advantage when we didn't want to listen to the street noises outside. As we were there just two nights and got the price we wanted this was fine. But would consider something closer to the Independence Visitor center and Old City next time.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank His2ryTraveler
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I'll preface these comments by noting that I got this room for a rate of $55/night bidding for three-star on priceline. At that price, I can't really complain too much about the place. However, I usually bid for nicer properties on priceline, and after my experience here, I will definitely bid for a nicer (four star) property in Philadelphia.

The hotel was okay save for a couple of significant negatives -- the king size bed was worn out (in room 708 -- so ask for another room if you get that one checking in!) -- it was broken down in the middle, so there was a tendency for my significant other and I to roll downhill all night long. It definitely was not comfortable. After the first night, we called the front desk to see about switching rooms. They claimed to be all booked up, and offered a free breakfast voucher. Needless to say, the free breakfast voucher didn't make the broken down bed any more comfortable the following night! Nor did the place appear to be that full. TERRIBLE customer service.

On the first night (about 2am actually), we also got to experience what seemed like a party on the seventh floor -- loud shouting, doors slamming, all sorts of carrying on for 45 minutes or so. Real classy clientèle at this place on this evening.

On the plus side, our room was HUGE for a hotel in the center of a major city. The free wifi worked quite nicely. The large screen lcd TV was nice. And the location was okay (relatively easy access to the train to/from the airport, major attractions, and Reading terminal market -- although it's not in the greatest area).

But, those pluses hardly outweigh a terrible bed and service staff who don't seem to give a damn. This place definitely isn't worth the rack rate, and if you're using Priceline, I would highly recommend going for a four star and spending a few more bucks.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PubliusTX
Reviewed April 7, 2008

This is an awesome hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location could not be better - across from the station and convention center, and a short walk away from the amazing food of Chinatown. Although I got my room through Priceline, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite so I did have a huge room to myself. The views were nothing to write home about and perhaps the only negative of this hotel is the long walk from the elevators to your room!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank andrew23
Reviewed April 5, 2008

I found the Hilton Garden Inn to be in a spectacular location. Next to a wonderful market with every kind of food you can imagine, walking distance to great restaurants and buses that take you to all the attractions. The Hilton also provided a knowledgable bell hop that directed you wherever you needed to go. The hotel itself was immaculately clean, with spacious & modern rooms, great water pressure, flat screen TV and cumfy king beds that let you adjust the firmness on each side. The tasty breakfast buffet had a large array of breakfast food, pastries, breads and juices. Next time in Phili I will be sure to stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sandyprime
Reviewed April 3, 2008

Philadelphia was a quick pit stop on my journey to Washington in America and I only stayed for one night to see the historical sights at the Liberty Bell Centre and to check out the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

The hotel is located right by the Greyhound stop which was very handy plus all the historical sites are pretty close and at most need a bus ride (The Philadelphia Museum of Art is about a 20 minute walk)

The hotel itself is what you expect from any Hilton brand, super clean with a cosy lobby area but what I give this hotel extra credit for was its free 24 hour business centre where they have two PC’s for all types of need – not just internet use. This was great as I was able to upload pictures from my digital camera and send them to family at home while I was travelling the states.

The rooms where as you would expect - very clean with the basic amenities but as I was only staying overnight I didn’t pay too much attention to any special room extras.

Overall for one nights stay I was very happy and it proved to be an excellent and very comfortable pit stop for my travels. Highly recommended for short trips into this part of town.

• Stayed: March 2008