“Very good”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Very good”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton garden inn about 3 weeks ago I was visiting a friend in the city who lived near by great location right in the heart of Chinatown the reading terminal market has to be one of the best places I've been to in my life my room was nice and cozy although I didn't care for their "sleep number beds" the front desk was awesome especially on young lady Janika extremely pleasant very informative a smile that can light up a room people like her is why I continue to come back to different hotels. I will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed August 2011
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear msbcarter,

Thank you for providing us with some valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. It will be my pleasure to share your wonderful words regarding your experience with our management and team. I will personally acknowledge Johnika for providing memorable service. Johnika is a valuable asset to this hotel and I appreciate your acknowledgement of her service.

Again, thank you for your feedback. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me direct (dan.williams@hilton.com) and it will be my pleasure to assist you. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Center City team, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Dan Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I chose this hotel because it was across the street from the Convention Center, where my conference was. I should have gone with another similarly priced hotel and walked an extra block. Small, a little creepy (dirty/dark), fire alarm went off several times during my stay. Interesting characters outside thanks to the bus station across the street.

At first, I was excited to have the Reading Terminal market right next to me so I could shop for fresh food, but the market is also probably why I had a rodent in my room. Yes, saw a mouse run across the room one night. Couldn't get anyone to answer the phone at the front desk so I had to go down and tell them about it. They looked startled and confused about what to do. Finally a maintenance man came up with a bucket and after chasing the mouse in the living room area, he disappeared. We think he went into the couch so another man came up and they proceeded to shake and beat the couch. Nothing. So they set some traps and left. Never heard anything more so I mentioned during my checkout that they might want to get rid of the traps before the next guests checked in. Again I got a look of confusion since no one knew there had been traps set or was even a problem. I understand that stuff happens, but the lack of follow-through on everyone's part was not impressive.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear schraderj,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to host you.

I want to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I want to thank you for bringing the issues to our attention to ensure this does not happen in the future. If you could email me directly, I would like to discuss your experience in further detail. Your feedback has been addressed with our management team and what you encountered will not occur in the future.

I am hopeful that you will continue using the Hilton Garden Inn Center City for your future visits to Philadelphia. The next time you are coming to town, please contact me direct (dan.williams@hilton.com) and I will make sure that your stay is problem free. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Center City family, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This was a family trip. We travelled to Philadelphia a few days before Hurricane Irene to visit with family. We would stay there again. The staff-front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant staff were all very nice to us. Our room was clean. The food in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner was very good. There is a pool which we went in one time. It was clean. The staff was still very pleasant even during Hurricane weather. Hotel Management even took care of staff by allowing them to stay overnight during the bad weather. The hotel is close to many things--shopping, restaurants, and attractions.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear Leisure2010,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your business is very important to us.

I want to thank you for the feedback you provided on this website regarding your stay at our hotel during Hurricane Irene. As General Manager, your comments and feedback are very important to us as we use them to commend our associates that have gone above and beyond in providing exceptional service to our guests. The feedback also inspires the entire team to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your review/comments with our entire hotel team.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. When your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia, please feel free to contact me direct (dan.williams@hilton.com) and it will be my pleasure to assist you. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City family, we look forward to seeing you in the near future with better weather to enjoy the city.

Greensboro
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here while visiting family. Nice and comfy with good amenities. We actually had a third adult in the room sleeping on fold-out couch and there was still plenty of room. Breakfast is pretty decent by chain hotel standards.

Also, we got to meet some of the new recruits for the Sixers as this is where they stay during training. Pretty cool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear seanh007,

I want to thank you for the feedback you provided in this review of our hotel. Your comments and feedback are very important to us as we use them to commend our associates that have gone above and beyond in providing exceptional service to our guests. The feedback also inspires the entire team to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your review/comments with our entire hotel team.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. If I can be of any further assistance or if you should have any further feedback regarding the hotel, please feel free to contact me direct (dan.williams@hilton.com) and it will be my pleasure to assist you. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City family, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Nice, reasonably priced hotel in great location. Close to great restaurants (particularly if you like Asian food), attractions and subway. Front desk is very friendly and accommodating. Our room on the 10th floor was comfortable and quiet, away from the restaurants and elevators.
The only cons are: Small size and depth of the swimming pool and not very good cleaning service (though not to the extend of disgusting evidence). Don't confuse this hotel with Luxury ones but if you have reasonable expectations it will do.
Tip: if you don't want to pay $33 for on site parking and do not mind to walk one block to Race st. then check centralparking.com for coupons for the parking on 1030 Race st. ( For us it was only $15 for 24 hours). Also Terminal Reading Market has much cheaper choices for breakfast but unfortunately many vendors do not work on Sundays.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Have stayed here a number of times for work. The staff is always extremely accomodating. The restuarant on the 10th floor is good with a nice view. Rooms are comfortable and quiet.

There are many attractions around the hotel within walking distance. Will be going on a business/personal trip next week with my wife to see some of the historic attractions in the area. All are within walking distance (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Love Park).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear MNetrip,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your business and feedback are very important to us.

I want to thank you for the feedback you provided in this review regarding your experience at our hotel. Comments and feedback are very important to us as we use them to commend our associates that have gone above and beyond in providing exceptional service to our guests. The feedback also inspires the entire team to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations. It was my pleasure to share your wonderful words with our entire team.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me direct (----------) and it will be my pleasure to assist you. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City family, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Round Hill VA
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I am very disappointed in the hotel. The hotel is nice but the front desk staff does not know what they are doing. We have been charged additional amounts since we returned from the weekend. One particular one is that they charged us an additional 66.00 for parking so for one night we were expected to pay 99.00 for parking yes that is right 99.00 for parking. Keep a good eye are your credit card when you return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family