Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Perfect”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

NYC to Philly for the Mets vs. Phillies and needed a place to stay for one night. This hotel in centrally located and a straight shot from the 30th street rail station. It is literally right next to Reading Terminal Market and very easy access by foot or subway to the rest of the city. The Hotel staff were super-friendly and helpful. No problems dropping bags before game and then checking in after. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Center City. I will be more than happy to share your feedback with our entire team. When your travel plans bring you back to the City of Brotherly Love in the future, please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel or you can email me at dan.williams@hilton.com and it will be my pleasure to assist you personally. Thank you again

Dan Williams, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Frederick, MD
Reviewed April 30, 2011

While visiting a relative at Thomas Jefferson Hospital we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. They are very smart to offer a hospital rate. The room was plenty large enough for us three and we found the rstuarant to be terrific, if somewhat high priced.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the review regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel. We think we are in a great location-and our guests love our proximity to Jefferson Hospital. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with our team and in particular with our restaurant team. We have recently introduced a new menu in our restaurant with more menu options at affordable prices. On behalf of our entire Hilton Garden Inn family, we look forward to seeing you in the near future and thank you for choosing our hotel.

Dan Williams
wayne, nj
Reviewed April 22, 2011

The hotel is in a great location to Reading Terminal where you can get all kinds of food all day. Also a short walk to the Liberty Bell and Independence square. There is an indoor pool, but at night the pool is very crowded and not well maintained ( due to the volume of people the water was very murky). The rooms were clean, great for short stay when you are not in the hotel much.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Delft, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We arrived here on a saturday night after a long flight and were pleasantly surprised. It was busy but we only had to wait a minute at the reception before being helped. From the outside it looks like a typical business hotel but inside it had a cosy feeling. Our room had 2 queen beds and there was plenty of room for a desk and an armchair. We had dinner at the 10th floor restaurant and couldn't fault the food or the service.
Breakfast isn't complementary but there was a WaWa food market across from the hotel with doughnuts and coffee.
We chose the hotel because of its location, about 10 minutes walk to the Liberty Bell and right next to Chinatown. We paid 31 dollars for parking (up to 24 hours) but we knew about the charge before we arrived.
We found the hotel to be good value for money and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I was stayed at this hotel for a conference and having never been outside fo the Philadelphia airport, I had no idea what to expect in terms of the hotel's location. If you are in Philly for a conference, this is really as good as it gets interms of location. Directly across the street from the convention center, I could leave 5 minutes before a presentation and still have 3 minutes to spare! The hotel is located on floors 7-10 and the ride between 7 and the lobby is a bit long, but the upper floors really get you away from any street noise. My room was on the 9th floor and was exactly what I expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. the bed was clean and comfy and the free wi-fi was great! The staff was courteous and nice and checked with me to see how the room was and if I needed anything. Catching an early flight I asked for the front desk to call a cab for me since I wasn't about to try to figure out the trains to the airport at 4:15 AM. Now, I don't know if there was a cab already waiting or if they actually called the cab, but sure enough, one was three feet from the door and drove me to the airport no problem. there was a little weirdness on the side of the hotel that was covered and was near the Greyhound bus station. I mainly avoided that side of the hotel and headed toward Chinatown, the terminal Market or the Convention Center. I never felt uneasy or in danger during my entire stay and I would stay here again when I return to Philly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ahavakamm
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I didn't know much about Philadelphia and I was very positively suprised about the location. Everything is close. Farmer's market is basically next door and it provided healthy and fresh food. Burlington Coat Factory is also almost next door where you'll find discount clothes from good brands.
Hotel room was clean and the bed was comfy. Gym is very small but you can also get your own 'gym pack' to your room which brings flexibility to the training. I was really happy of my stay. Much better than I anticipated! Sometimes 3 stars hotels aren't too good but this was very nice. I'd recommened this to my friends and also business colleagues.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Center City Philadelphia. The team here at the hotel enjoyed having you as our guest and your business is very important to us. When your travel plans bring you back to the City of Brotherly Love, please contact me direct and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your accomodation needs. We will ensure that your room has the exercise travel pack waiting in your room upon arrival. Thank you again for the review.

Dan Williams
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Excellent location right next to Reading Terminal Market, which is a great place to wander around and eat! The hotel was what you expect of Hilton, excellent service with good facilities. There was a small pool and gym but since we were only there one night we did not have time to use it. We enjoyed our stay and would go there again if we return to Philadephia.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo