“Nothing to complain” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Helsinki, Finland
“Nothing to complain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

I didn't know much about Philadelphia and I was very positively suprised about the location. Everything is close. Farmer's market is basically next door and it provided healthy and fresh food. Burlington Coat Factory is also almost next door where you'll find discount clothes from good brands.
Hotel room was clean and the bed was comfy. Gym is very small but you can also get your own 'gym pack' to your room which brings flexibility to the training. I was really happy of my stay. Much better than I anticipated! Sometimes 3 stars hotels aren't too good but this was very nice. I'd recommened this to my friends and also business colleagues.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Center City Philadelphia. The team here at the hotel enjoyed having you as our guest and your business is very important to us. When your travel plans bring you back to the City of Brotherly Love, please contact me direct and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your accomodation needs. We will ensure that your room has the exercise travel pack waiting in your room upon arrival. Thank you again for the review.

Dan Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

Excellent location right next to Reading Terminal Market, which is a great place to wander around and eat! The hotel was what you expect of Hilton, excellent service with good facilities. There was a small pool and gym but since we were only there one night we did not have time to use it. We enjoyed our stay and would go there again if we return to Philadephia.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I had to switch rooms because it was near the boiler, and it was VERY loud. I would imagine this would be the problem either a floor up or down from this room. So be mindful of that.

However they switched my room and all was fine. The beds are nice (kinda like a tempur pedic) and can be adjusted to soft/firm. Room was quite large and nice. Everything was pretty clean. The service staff were quite friendly and helpful. Large digital tv.

I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
York, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

We stayed here while visiting the Philadelphia Auto Show. It was a perfect location, right across the street from the Convention Center where the show was being held; it was in walking distance of many restaurants; within blocks of all of the tourist attractions; and it was right beside Reading Terminal Market -- highly suggested if you're in the area. There was a parking garage attached to the hotel. It was $31 to park overnight -- somewhat steep, but also somewhat worth the price for the convenience...we were able to take the elevator in the parking garage right to the hotel entrance. The room was average, but clean. We stayed on the same floor as the hotel's restaurant and bar which looked nice, we didn't get a chance to eat there though. The two women at the front desk at check in were extremely nice and could hold a conversation with us. When we were getting back from exploring the city, we met a bellhop in the elevator. He was extremely nice as well -- he asked us how we were and carried on a short conversation and told us to let him know if we needed anything. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Canandaigua, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

This Hilton Garden Inn is just steps away from the Convention Center as well as the Reading Terminal Market. It seemed pretty safe althougth there were groups of men standing around at night which made me nervous. There was a nice pool, although it is a bit small. Breakfast was in a nice sunny room and the staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

Booked two nights thru Priceline. ($202.00 total) I prefer plain vanilla accommodations, but I also appreciate quality, unless it's overpriced. This place was great. No hassles. None. Great, great service by the staff. Excellent location for walking in Center City, with a train station right next door. Restaurant on 10th floor a nice touch. Christmas breakfast ($13.95) just great - cooked to order omelettes, fresh fruit, hot cereal (!!!), nice array of pastries & croissants, perfectly attentive staff, including the chef.
I have seen on other sites that parking was an issue for people staying here. Parking on Arch Street is $2.00/hr, with a 2 hr max., and is free from 10:30 pm to 8 a.m. They do ticket aggressively, but if you're an early enough riser and are using the car for things during the day, you can get away with minimal parking fees, and you can use your savings to tip the staff at the hotel, like I did!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Highland, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

Kudos and THANKS to the folks at Hilton. My nephew was getting ready to deploy for Iraq and was doing his pre-deployment training at McGuire/Fort Dix. I took him to Philly for his Saturday day off to take a break from training and we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn.

The accommodations were great and the staff were all quite friendly and helpful. Location is within walking distance to many of the historic sites and quite convenient to the Convention Center.

A special thanks to all of the staff that “recognized” my nephew for his service to our Country and went out of their way to show their appreciation – something that is so welcome (and sometimes rare) to our Armed Forces.

N.B. To the Manager that took care of a parking garage problem I experienced – Some of the BEST Customer Service I have experienced at any hotel - THANKS.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family