Sofitel Philadelphia
$222
$199
  • Pool
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$292
$197
$179
$167
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$183
$166
Curio.com
3,467 results
All reviewsrittenhouse squarechez colettejunior suiteroom serviceturn down servicevalet parkingcomfortable bedcenter cityvery nice hotelfour seasonscentral locationlobby barrooms are largefew blocksliberty bellbonjourlanvin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We only stayed one night in Philly and chose this hotel after reviewing tripadvisor as usual. The main reason was to pick up a car from Hertz here and drive to cape cod. Car hire in Philly was so much cheaper than NYC.
The room appeared pretty standard for the boutique ..."how many shades of brown can we get in one room..." but the appeal was more than skin deep. The beds were the biggest and comfiest we slept in. the bathroom was stunning - spacious, decadent, brimming with large, high quality fitments and L'occitane toiletries - that I can't afford to buy at home! Tons of fluffy white towels.
The staff were courteous and helpful. We ate at a quirky place called Max Brenner 1500 Walnut street, which was buzzing. He is a chocolatier and the food was some of the best we ate in USA where I was generally underwhelmed by the cuisine. It always looks good - but was frequently tasteless and frankly , bland.
I ordered a pot of tea in the hotel lobby which was fabulous. Firstly the lobby bar was clearly a place the local people came to hang out and celebrate on a Friday night. The place had a great vibe. The bartender brought my earl grey in an exquisite pot on an elaborate tray with all sorts of extras -which made it really fun.
We didn't get to see a lot of Philly, but the place had heart and soul. A very different feel to the mayhem of New York or the majesty of DC.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I've lost my ring in the room, came back to look for it but didn't find it. I left a note with the maid and, oh miracle, they found my ring, contacted me and sent it to New York via FedEx overnight free of charge. I was so happy to get it back!! Special thanks to the cleaning lady and Mike Davis. Besides that our stay was very pleasant. Great featherbed that makes you feel like you sleep on a cloud (haven't seen in other, more expensive hotels), beautiful furniture and L'occitane products in the bathroom. Very positive experience, would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
littlepeanut58, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thank you for kind comments. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall accommodations during your recent stay with us. I am also happy to know that one of our team members from our housekeeping department was able to find your ring and return it to you promptly.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this Sofitel in July of 2010 along with some friends. The rooms were very nice. Extremely clean and well appointed. The room and bathroom were very large. Bed was very soft and comfy. Down comforter was a bit warm for end of July, though, and we had the air conditioner set at 60 degrees by morning. I have only one complaint about the rooms. Every noise in the hallway can be clearly heard from bed. Even with the tv on, we heard people coming and going in the hallway until around 2:00 a.m. These were not people being rowdy either. These were just people talking at a normal volume and then entering their rooms. I would stay at this hotel again for its location, price, and the overall cleanliness of the room, but next time I will bring my sound machine. FYI - Parking is $36 per day. It is valet and you can come and go as often as you need to for that price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall accommodations during your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the noise disturbances that you encountered during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed here with a friend for four evenings. The hotel is located in a nice part of town, within a short cab ride (or a decent walk) to the historic district. There are plenty of good restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Unfortunately, the bar was being renovated during our stay, and this squeezed the lobby area, though I am sure it will all be quite beautiful when finished in a few weeks. The room itself was nice and quiet-what one would expect from a good hotel.

The best feature of this hotel was, for me, the incredible beds provided. The firm mattress is topped with a feather bed, then a crisp duvet. It was hard to stay awake and read for even a little bit once I sank down into the soft nest. I am a light sleeper and usually get up once or twice in the evening. That didn't happen here, though! I awoke each day refreshed and ready to explore this wonderful city.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall accommodations during your recent stay with us. Thank you for your continued support as our hotel's lobby lounge currently under goes upgrading.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

We had a family of four in a two bed room. The beds were a bit small, but very comfortable. The staff was very helpful, and the location was good.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family