“Tres Chic!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia
“Tres Chic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We, recently, stayed here and loved every minute of the luxury! The service was impeccable. The room was large and clean; the bathroom had a separate shower from the tub. There were robes for both of us. There was a Bose wave radio. The bed was most comfortable. I loved the trendy chair in the room. The location is perfect; near the boutiques on Chestnut St and the chain stores on Walnut. The Adolph Biecker spa was around the corner. The great Rittenhouse restaurants were a few blocks away. The museums are, also, a few blocks away going north. We immensely enjoyed our stay here, but there was one hiccup -- our last night, we had late night snacks and drinks in the main floor restaurant and a mouse darted out a few times. Needless to say, the sight of him, ended our night even though I was celebrating a milestone birthday. We told the bar staff, but they showed no real alarm. Thank goodness I had a nice room to retire to that night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kat714
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Bonjour Kat714,

I am delighted that you enjoyed such a wonderful, luxurious stay with us from our special room amenities to the separate shower and soaking tub in the bathroom. I am extremely disappointed to read of your experience during your last night with us, as I can assure you this is certainly not custom of our service. I look forward to welcoming you back to our downtown hotel here in center city Philadelphia.

Vincent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were lucky enough to be assigned this hotel via hotwire. It was as elegant a hotel as I can ever remember staying in. I wanted to take the bathroom home with me, so that I could have the shower, sink and bath. The front desk was helpful in suggesting a boutique coffee bar.

Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Bonjour bethela58,

It has made my day to read your delightful comments! I am truly pleased that you enjoyed our elegant hotel, in particular your luxurious guest room bathroom. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel. We stayed the night of 4th of July...walked down to watch the fireworks...on to the Barnes Museum the next day (a must see!). Check-in was really efficient and professional. From dropping off the car and checking in, we were in our room within ten minutes of arrival. We stayed in a junior suite. That usually means just a separate sitting area in a studio layout. This suite wasn't particularly "junior". It had a generous sized living room with french doors to the separate bedroom. Well appointed. The bathroom was large, with a shower and separate soaking tub. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and we didn't hear one iota of street noise. It was a relaxing little sanctuary in the middle of the city. Everything was spotless. Some of the furniture had seen better days, but just normal wear and tear I guess. The many candles/lanterns put in the lobby at night creates a nice, sexy vibe. We enjoyed the bar and waitstaff. We felt properly pampered. Davios Italian restaurant, across the street was excellent.

Cleanliness
Bonjour Xphuha_Happy,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us here at our relaxing "sanctuary" in downtown, Center City. It is truly our pleasure to pamper our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed such a relaxing stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia!

Kind regards,
Akron, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

A recent stay at the Sofitel clearly showed why this hotel remains at the top of the pack. It is not just a stay but an experience!

This was my third and favorite stay to date. I was greeted graciously upon arrival with quick bag service followed by personalized service during check in. I inquired about a room upgrade, as I was traveling with my boyfriend, and was able to get a luxury room right away. If at all possible, choose a luxury room – you will not be disappointed! The room provided additional square footage, couch and table and a dressing area. We were provided a corner room on the 12th floor that was quiet with a terrific view of the city. I had received flowers prior to arrival which required a vase. I was able to get a large crystal vase within minutes, with the same quick service received with other requested items. I also received several courtesy calls throughout my stay from the front desk asking if I required their services and to make certain I was having a pleasant stay.
The room was always found to be neat and clean upon my return after having maid service, with a light turned on and soft jazz playing when returning from dinner one evening. The decor is modern and trendy with interesting artwork.

This is the best experience for couples wanting a special romantic get-away. Room service is available and there is a lounge and a Restaurant on the main floor. The hotel is centrally located to shopping and sites with the Reading Market only a 10 minute walk away. There were a number of restaurants close by as well as a drug store and Starbucks. The only suggestion I have is to have a door separating the dressing area from the bathroom. When there is more than one guest, a door would be helpful to allow one person the opportunity to get dressed comfortably while another guest is using the facilities.

Thank you to the Philly staff that was there during my stay, you were wonderful! A special shout out to the young man at the front desk - My receipt does not list a name but he was cashier #31.

Rooms
2 Thank BarnzGirls
Bonjour BarnzGirls,

What a wonderful review! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly love to pamper our guests, and I am delighted you enjoyed this service in one of our luxury rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back to the "touch of heaven" here at the Sofitel Philadelphia.

Warm regards,
new jersey USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My sister and I were in Philadelphia to celebrate her birthday and stayed one night at the Philly Sofitel. We had the sleep, drive and eat package and what a wonderful experience. The check-in was a breeze and we got into our room early. We went out to explore and when we returned there was a delicious piece of cake and a bottle of mineral water to celebrate. We had a turn down service- what a surprise. The room was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. I will return next time I am in Philadelphia. Merci beaucoup.

Green Features: very good. Information is very clear and you have a choice of he service you prefer.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Bonjour Laf55,

What a lovely review! I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your sister's birthday with us and that we were able to assist in making her special day a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Philadelphia again soon!

Seaford, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night while visiting the City of Philadelphia. This is a French-based boutique, luxury hotel, and is situated close to Independence Hall, Love Park, and is in walking distance to many restaurants and shops. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Our room rate included parking and breakfast. Every one of the staff was very kind and courteous, and went out of their way to say "bonjour!" The breakfast buffet was so-so, but we enjoyed everything else about the Sofitel, so we would definitely return.

1 Thank MrsMylo
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Bonjour MrsMylo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and some lovely photos, as well! We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the "City of Brotherly Love"!

Au revoir,
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I stay every few months on business in this hotel.

The hotel is in a great location. Lots of nice places to eat, drink and shop within walking distance.

The rooms are of a good size and nicely furnished. The bed is definitely one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever stayed in. The bed is large, great quality mattress topper, pillows and duvet.

Hotel gym is well equipped.

Breakfast in the restaurant is great.

I always look forward to staying here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bonjour Simmy700,

Thank you for pointing out so many of our services in such a positive light! From our location and fitness center to specially designed SoBeds and restaurants, we are always aiming to pamper our guests with a unique and memorable experience. We excitedly await your future arrivals!