“The place to stay in Philly”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #11 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Loved my stay at the Sofitel from minute one. Best location in town, great atmosphere: upscale but relaxed.
Nice ample rooms with exquisite decoration and furniture. It starts to show some minor signs of wear, but nothing to worry about.
Only the breakfast room let us a bit indifferent, as it was less refined than we expected.
But overall a great experience and of course I won't consider another accommodation when in town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Bonjour VaterZeit,

I am so pleased to hear that you loved your stay at the Sofitel Philadelphia from minute one.

Thank you for pointing out our upscale yet relaxed atmosphere and our "exquisite decoration and furniture".

We excitedly await your return!

Vincent

Write a ReviewReviews (3,431)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed for two nights on business - spacious room, nicely appointed, good location, and courteous service. There are a number of nice hotels in the area; I happened to pick this and it turned out to be a good choice (and a good value considering discounted corporate rate)..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Bonjour N G,

It is our delight that you chose to stay with us!

We do our utmost to please each of our guests, and I am glad to hear that we have achieved this for you through our "spacious" and "nicely appointed" rooms, downtown location and courteous service durnig your business visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next business (or leisure!) trip.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I typically stay at more discerning/iconic properties, but was encouraged to try a Sofitel by a long-time colleague. I can't speak to other Sofitel's, but this property "punched above its weight" in virtually every manner. If there were a 4+ star property, this would earn such a designation. Put differently, this is not a five star physical property, but the employees have five star training and sensibilities. I will definitely consider staying in a Sofitel in the future whenever my "go to" properties are booked. Well done.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank dylanjefferies

Bonjour dylanjefferies,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments!

I am truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sofitel Philadelphia and enjoyed our high standards of service throughout your stay.

We excitedly await your future arrivals!

A bientôt,

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Travelling the world all year round, I can say with confidence and experience, this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.
I'm a keen admirer of the Sofitel chain ( Sydney, Paris la Defense, london heathrow airport).
Sofitel hotels are luxurious, and to my opinion 1 step classier than the rest ( without being pretentious)
In Philadelphia, the location is fantastic, in a lovely, buzzing neighbourhood.
Staff are exceptionally well mannered, always friendly and very approachable. ( Their customer service skills truly impeccable.)
I stayed in regular rooms and a couple of times in the junior suites: just fantastic: bathrooms are always luxurious with the right amenities, great coffee machine too.
Breakfast is wonderful.
A fabulous experience.
I genuinely can't understand the few negative reviews, they seemed totally unfair for a hotel with such high standard.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mikem777

Bonjour Mikem777,

I am delighted to hear that you have very much enjoyed your experiences at the Sofitel Philadelphia!

We do our utmost to indulge our guests, and I can tell that we have achieved our aim. I am proud that we are one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Exceptional service. Will stay there from now on when I visit Philadelphia. Exceptional service. Will stay there from now on when I visit Philadelphia. Exceptional service. Will stay there from now on when I visit Philadelphia.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Bonjour Annie S!

I am so pleased to hear that our service made your stay memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia very soon.

Merci,

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I usually stay at the Sofitel when I am in Philadelphia for business. This time, my wife and I had a 2-day stay at the Sofitel when we went to Philly to celebrate her birthday. The staff were excellent. Faustine at the reception desk and William Kline the concierge -- each went out of the way to make my wife feel special -- which she is, of course. A delicious treat made it to our room when I let it slip that it was her birthday. William recommended a restaurant that was fantastic -- and happened to tell them it was my wife's birthday so she got another sweet treat. BTW, William also made last-minute arrangements for us at an excellent restaurant that was just right for our vegan friends. The hotel room is always excellent, the location is just right, and the staff are well-trained and go out of their way to make you feel welcomed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank PinchHit

Bonjour PinchHit!

We absolutely delight in doing what we can to make our guests feel special, especially when celebrating an event such as a birthday. We truly feel privileged that you chose to spend your wife's birthday with us and I am very glad to hear that you took advantage of our excellent location.

We eagerly await your next visit weather for business or leisure.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Sofitels properties are pretty consistently upscale with good staffs. The hotel in Philadelphia is no exception. What's nice about this property is the location--in Rittenhouse Square. It's in the "real city" so you'll feel like you are surrounded less by tourists and more by locals. That said, it's a 15 minute walk or an easy subway ride to the Liberty Bell and the more touristy Society Hill.

The rooms are lovely and tasteful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv_big_cities
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Bonjour luv_big_cities!

It is alwasy wonderful to hear when we have provided the luxury experience that we have become known for. I am also delighted that you took advantage of our Rittenhouse Square location with the many things it has to offer, and its close proximity to the Historic District.

We excitedly await your next arrival for another "real city" expereince.

A bientôt!