“Nice place to stay in Philadelphia”

Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #10 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place to stay in Philadelphia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed for two nights on business - spacious room, nicely appointed, good location, and courteous service. There are a number of nice hotels in the area; I happened to pick this and it turned out to be a good choice (and a good value considering discounted corporate rate)..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Bonjour N G,

It is our delight that you chose to stay with us!

We do our utmost to please each of our guests, and I am glad to hear that we have achieved this for you through our "spacious" and "nicely appointed" rooms, downtown location and courteous service durnig your business visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next business (or leisure!) trip.

Au revoir,
Vincent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
boulder, co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I typically stay at more discerning/iconic properties, but was encouraged to try a Sofitel by a long-time colleague. I can't speak to other Sofitel's, but this property "punched above its weight" in virtually every manner. If there were a 4+ star property, this would earn such a designation. Put differently, this is not a five star physical property, but the employees have five star training and sensibilities. I will definitely consider staying in a Sofitel in the future whenever my "go to" properties are booked. Well done.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank dylanjefferies
Bonjour dylanjefferies,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments!

I am truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sofitel Philadelphia and enjoyed our high standards of service throughout your stay.

We excitedly await your future arrivals!

A bientôt,
Mike777
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Travelling the world all year round, I can say with confidence and experience, this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.
I'm a keen admirer of the Sofitel chain ( Sydney, Paris la Defense, london heathrow airport).
Sofitel hotels are luxurious, and to my opinion 1 step classier than the rest ( without being pretentious)
In Philadelphia, the location is fantastic, in a lovely, buzzing neighbourhood.
Staff are exceptionally well mannered, always friendly and very approachable. ( Their customer service skills truly impeccable.)
I stayed in regular rooms and a couple of times in the junior suites: just fantastic: bathrooms are always luxurious with the right amenities, great coffee machine too.
Breakfast is wonderful.
A fabulous experience.
I genuinely can't understand the few negative reviews, they seemed totally unfair for a hotel with such high standard.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikem777
Bonjour Mikem777,

I am delighted to hear that you have very much enjoyed your experiences at the Sofitel Philadelphia!

We do our utmost to indulge our guests, and I can tell that we have achieved our aim. I am proud that we are one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Au revoir,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Exceptional service. Will stay there from now on when I visit Philadelphia. Exceptional service. Will stay there from now on when I visit Philadelphia. Exceptional service. Will stay there from now on when I visit Philadelphia.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Bonjour Annie S!

I am so pleased to hear that our service made your stay memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia very soon.

Merci,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I usually stay at the Sofitel when I am in Philadelphia for business. This time, my wife and I had a 2-day stay at the Sofitel when we went to Philly to celebrate her birthday. The staff were excellent. Faustine at the reception desk and William Kline the concierge -- each went out of the way to make my wife feel special -- which she is, of course. A delicious treat made it to our room when I let it slip that it was her birthday. William recommended a restaurant that was fantastic -- and happened to tell them it was my wife's birthday so she got another sweet treat. BTW, William also made last-minute arrangements for us at an excellent restaurant that was just right for our vegan friends. The hotel room is always excellent, the location is just right, and the staff are well-trained and go out of their way to make you feel welcomed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank PinchHit
Bonjour PinchHit!

We absolutely delight in doing what we can to make our guests feel special, especially when celebrating an event such as a birthday. We truly feel privileged that you chose to spend your wife's birthday with us and I am very glad to hear that you took advantage of our excellent location.

We eagerly await your next visit weather for business or leisure.

Warm Regards,
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Sofitels properties are pretty consistently upscale with good staffs. The hotel in Philadelphia is no exception. What's nice about this property is the location--in Rittenhouse Square. It's in the "real city" so you'll feel like you are surrounded less by tourists and more by locals. That said, it's a 15 minute walk or an easy subway ride to the Liberty Bell and the more touristy Society Hill.

The rooms are lovely and tasteful.

Green Features: Sofitel's lighting--tasteful but NOT over lit, is a nice touch. They don't waste energy here...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luv_big_cities
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Bonjour luv_big_cities!

It is alwasy wonderful to hear when we have provided the luxury experience that we have become known for. I am also delighted that you took advantage of our Rittenhouse Square location with the many things it has to offer, and its close proximity to the Historic District.

We excitedly await your next arrival for another "real city" expereince.

A bientôt!
Holden Beach, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

This is your run of the mill Sofitel, decor is like a W ten years ago. The staff were nice, but not overtly friendly.

I will say that all around, the food was fantastic. Breakfast, Bar, Dinner was all well executed and had the best staff.

Note- be sure to ask for a high floor to increase your view of Philly.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear HoldenBea,

We pride ourselves on our uniform consistancy and are very pleased to know that you recognize our efforts. I am so happy to hear that your dinning experience with us was "fantastic" and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon to enjoy our new menu that our Executive Chef will soon be rolling out.

Warm Regards,