“A Great First Impression”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my first stay at a Sofitel hotel. The warm welcome extended by Guest Services manager Sonia Dimicoli was very much appreciated and set the tone for our entire stay with Sofitel. We were celebrating my wife's birthday during her first visit to Philadelphia. The pleasant amenities offered by the hotel and Ms. Dimicoli, from the upgraded room to the complimentary dessert and birthday wishes, were certainly a nice touch that helped to make our visit a memorable one. Also, the Doorman and Valet staff were very genial and never missed an opportunity to greet us with a smile upon entering or leaving the hotel. My wife and I travel quite a bit and are very discriminating when it comes to hotel accommodations. This experience certainly surpassed our expectations.

Thank you Sofitel! We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Bonjour JamaalDaveed,

I am truly proud that Sonia, our doormen and valet staff provided you with the exemplary level of service and smiles we have become known for and created a memorable stay to celebrate your wife's birthday and first trip to the City of Brotherly Love!!

We excitedly await your next arrival.

Au revoir,
Vincent

Write a ReviewReviews (3,393)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here whilst visiting our son in Philadelphia. A good central location and a comfortable suite. Air conditioning did not work properly, but we didn't realise this until our son pointed it out, as were there in March so didn't need it! Some items in bathroom had not been replaced when the room had been cleaned prior to our stay.
Overall, I would say a very good hotel, just needs a little bit of attention to detail. Very comfortable bed though!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Bonjour SJM8!

We aim to provide a comfortable stay for each of our guests, and I am delighted we were able to provide this for you in one of our suites while you were visiting your son!

Thank you for providing your feedback, as it will assist all of our ambassadors as we continuously strive to provide the exemplary level of service that is our custom.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

A bientôt!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel staff are helpful, my room was spotless and beautifully appointed. Very functional and complete. Keurig coffee maker that also makes wonderful hot tea. The shower was large, the bathroom was all marble surfaces with ample towels. My room had two large closets, one with hangers and another with shelves for folded clothing. The restaurants in the lobby served excellent food in a delightful ambiance and their staff were attentive and well spoken.

The in-room air conditioning was a little disappointing though. On the seventh floor, my room was very cold when I returned to retire at the end of the day. Raising the set temperature on the thermostat did not result in warmer air being blown into the room. In fact, one night it was so cold that after shivering for almost an hour I got up, donned one of the beautiful cotton robes provided and wore that to bed. Around 3am the warmth of the room woke me and I had to set the thermostat back down to something reasonable and remove the robe. My visit was at the beginning of April, Springtime, and the external weather was in the 60'sF or around 20deg. C during the early evening.

The location of the hotel is very central to most things in Downtown Philadelphia within a block or two of some excellent restaurants.

Room Tip: The rooms don't have a refrigerator or a microwave so be sure to leverage the room service for y...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bwanagary

Dear wanagary,

What a delight to read that you were able to indulge in all that we offer in each of our guestrooms including a Keurig coffeemaker, large bathroom with separate shower and soaking tub, and ample large, soft towels. I thank you for pointing out the "excellent food in a delightful ambiance" that you enjoyed in our restaurants.

It is a disappointment to learn of your experience with temperature control in your room, and please be assured this is certainly not our custom.

We look forward to your future stays with us here in our downtown location!

Au revoir,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here for both business and with family for fun over the Christmas holidays 2013. The rooms were very nice, as I would expect from a Sofitel. We got a nice rate so value was excellent. The hotel restaurant was great for a quick breakfast and the service was very good. The valet parking was pricey but I expect that in Philadelphia. The hotel is near Rittenhouse Square with a lot to do. The only minor annoyance was that I recall the front desk staff wasn't the friendliest but overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Bonjour Terry A,

We genuinely love to take care of our guests, whether the stay be for business or leisure. I am delighted that you have chosen to stay with us for both!

Thank you for pointing out Chez Colette as being great for a quick breakfast and very good service.

We look forward to your future stays with us at the Sofitel Philadelphia.

A bientôt!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed at the Sofitel for 4 days. It's a nice hotel. Beautifully designed and decorated. The rooms are nice, with good pillows (not the too thick, too hard foam ones that most hotels have), and feather bed topper. But it's a city hotel, so crappy views (the alley!); one tiny window; no drawers at all(!!!); a shower that barely ran, the door wouldn't close and was hard to regulate; bad lighting; and the most expensive OK breakfast I've had in quite a while.

Don't get me wrong, the staff were very nice (and all spoke one or two words of French :-) But for a very expensive hotel, it didn't offer much to justify the price. The fitness room was great; lots of equipment. There are some good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear daxenpax,

I'm glad you enjoyed much of what we have to offer here by utilizing our SoFit fitness center and relaxing in our specially designed bed after enjoying our downtown location. I appreciate you sharing your comments so that we may continuously provide enhancements to create the most magnifique experience possible for our guests!

We hope to welcome you back to enjoy the Sofitel Philadelphia again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The service was the best I ever had at a hotel. I mentioned in passing that I was celebrating a birthday, and the next thing I knew there was a complimentary basket delivered to me room. We had an issue with the TV, and they were up in our room to fix it within 2 minutes. Everybody went out of their way to make us feel special.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Bonjour JK4138,

All of our guests truly are special, and I am delighted you enjoyed a magnifique stay with us. We love to surprise our guests, especially on an occasion as exciting as a birthday! Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Merci!