“Another great stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 19, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

The renovations at this hotel have made a big difference very comfortable soothing upscale feel to rooms Suites are great extra room feels less confining. Bed is amazing towels fluffy room service prompt reasonable & well done. Coffee in room bathrobes etc it all works. Stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear tinasas,

Our renovations have certainly given the hotel a wonderful upgrade, and we continuously are making changes to improve our property to provide for our guests. I truly appreciate your recommendation, and am delighted that we have become your "go-to" while in Philly!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work and pleasure and tend to go with Starwood and IHG hotels. Three weeks before the Philadelphia marathon I decided to combine work and pleasure to cheer my daughter on. Just about all the hotels downtown were booked except the Sofitel and a few $350+/night places. The Sofitel was reasonable for a four star hotel so I decided to give it a try and so glad I did. I would highly recommend this hotel, particularly for the business traveler. Wifi was excellent and free (not always the case with the nicer hotels). Complimentary water and Keurig coffee in room was again something I don't get at Westin. They had outlet hubs at desk and nightstand that eliminated the need to get on your hands and knees to hunt down an outlet. Very comfortable desk chair and an even better reading chair with foot rest. Bathrooms had separate shower and tub instead of combined. The bed was very comfortable, linens high quality and WONDERFUL pillow. I wanted to buy one (until I saw the price.) The icing on the cake was some of the best toiletries I've had at any hotel anywhere! Thank you Sofitel for a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Texas_Gypsie,

The outlet hubs, bathroom amenities, complimentary waters and keurigs are all available in each room to create a relaxed and luxurious ambiance, and eliminate such things as you suggested like having to search for an outlet. We take the feedback of our guests very seriously and are continuously looking for improvements, large or small, that will assist our guests in enjoying a magnificent experience.

I thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review, and hope to welcome you back to the City of Brotherly Love soon!

Merci,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was here overnight on a business trip and found it to be accomodating. The Center City location is great. The hotel itself is also well appointed with a modern lobby including a lounge where I had lunch. The room was large with a very comfy bed and nice bedding. the bathroom amenities were Lanvin which is a nice touch. The mini bar required a key that needed to be obtained from the front desk. The service was quasi French - they made the effort to say Bonjour.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear MBM212,

I am pleased you stayed with us during your business trip and enjoyed some of our delicacies in Liberte, our urban chic lounge, for lunch. From our menus, to the bathroom amenities, and specially designed SoBed, each element of our hotel has been carefully designed to create an experience that links French Luxury with the Philadelphia culture.

I thank you for taking the time to share your review, and hope to welcome you back again on your next business (or leisure!) trip.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I sure lived the "suite" life on my birthday!

I've always wanted to go to Philly, and I figured that the big 2-9 was as good an excuse as any to get out of NYC for a night. Two hours on the bus, and the beau and I were smack dab in the middle of it. After looking for good hotels with equality as good prices, I found many good reviews of Sofitel, coupled with good word of mouth from my friend Dave, which piqued my interest. After finding an astoundingly good price of only $156 for the night of my birthday, October 11th, a Friday no less, I jumped on that as fast as I could. It was for your "average" Superior Room (King Sized Bed, which was all we needed), and I was pleased with that.

Upon arrival, we sat in the lounge, as we were a hair early to our 3 p.m. check-in; a rainy Friday coupled with all of our luggage did not leave us a good opportunity to explore the neighborhood in the meantime. Luckily, Michael at the front desk allowed us to "pre-check in", so at 3, we were ready to roll. Our next front desk member (I believe it was Hector, though he did not display a name tag at the time), got me up and going to our room in less than 5 minutes. Upon asking if we wanted a mini bar key, I exclaimed, "Sure! Why not? It's my birthday!" After a congratulations from him, he handed me the room keys and mini bar key to a room on the 5th floor. Suddenly, before we walked from the desk, we asked if we could return the room keys. He needed to "check something in the computer". We returned them, he checked the computer, printed out two more room keys, and put them into an envelope that read "1138". He quietly said to us, "Happy Birthday. I've upgraded you to a suite."

SAY WHAAAAAT?

Sure enough, up to Room 1138 we went, and we opened the door into a foyer. A large marble bathroom was to our right. A lovely living room with a south-facing view of the city was ahead of us. Our separate bedroom with the biggest freaking fluffy white bed you've ever seen was adjacent to us. In fact, if I may quote Agnes from "Despicable Me": "IT'S SO FLUFFY, I'M GONNA DIE!!!!"

Due to the rain, we did enjoy that fluffy bed for most of that first afternoon and evening. The huge flat screen TV was a pleasure, and lounging around in bathrobes and drinking green tea from our in-room Keurig whilst watching Maury Povich at 4 p.m. on a Friday afternoon before partaking in some birthday dining activities...WELL...it was an unparalleled and hedonistic pleasure.

...and I'm not one of those people that's going to nit pick about small structural wear. So there was some varnish chipped off of the bathroom doors, yes. So the sink in my bathroom room drained a little slow then "glug glug glug"-ed for a few minutes afterwards. I can not say that ruined my experience by any means.

The best part? It was a true free upgrade. I nervously looked at my final receipt when I got it to see if I incurred any surprise charges...and it really WAS a kind gesture made by the staff because it was my birthday. How lovely!

The staff, room, location, everything...top notch. It's the only place I've ever stayed in Philly, and upon any future visits, I'm not sure I'd want to look for any other hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allison C

Dear Allison C,

It is our absolute delight when our guests choose to spend such special occasions with us, such as your birthday! I am proud of the front desk ambassadors who saw to make your birthday special.

We pride ourselves on delivering an expectional level of service, and it our pleasure that you had the opportunity to indulge.

We hope to welcome you back again to the City of Brotherly Love soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was in PHL on business and this hotel was close to
the company I was visiting. Being allergic to feathers I asked advance for feather pillows its cetera to be removed and they were. The service in the restaurants and the service overall exceeds 5 stars.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank redrocklv

Bonjour redrocklv,

What a wonderful review to read! We take our guest requests very seriously and take pride in doing all that we can to accommodate preferences so that each of our guests may have the most magnificent experience possible.

We truly look forward to having you stay again on your next business (or leisure!) trip.

Warm regards,