“Philly's finest”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Sofitel is the only place to stay in Philly. And, if you read my other reviews, you will see that I don’t dole out compliments just to be nice. I have stayed at the Sofitel several times and each time has been great. The place is clean and well-kept and the staff is friendly and welcoming. The beds are the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in – and that includes my own bed at home. Also, it was my daughter's birthday and they sent up a plate of cookies for her with a birthday card. We were very surprised. It was truly awesome.

This time, we took the package that included parking and the breakfast buffet and it is a good deal. The buffet is very good and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Ferocity,

I am so happy to hear that you are a loyal guest of Sofitel and that we were able to make your daughter’s birthday memorable while you were staying with us. I am also delighted that you love our So-Beds as we took much time in perfecting them. Please learn more about them through our So-Boutique website. I am also very glad that you took advantage of our Breakfast Drive package. We find that it is a great deal that is convenient for many of our guest. We look forward to welcoming both you and your daughter back again for many more great stays.

Warmest Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Write a ReviewReviews (3,359)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were referred to this hotel by friends who live in the city. We were traveling for a weekend getaway with our 2.5 year old daughter, and the hotel placed us in a room down a long hallway away from the elevator, ice machines, etc. to ensure a full night's sleep with our wee one (they made sure to mention this upon check in, in case we disagreed).
The size of the room was a delightful surprise; there was plenty of room beside the king bed to setup a sleeping bag camp site for our daughter. The climate control was very responsive and everything was extremely clean. The beds are apparently famous for their comfort, I found them a little too soft but the hubs was very pleased. The noise level is moderate, as the doors are heavier than the walls are thick - if you're a light sleeper with active neighbors, the punctuation of doors closing may be an issue.

The staff at the hotel could not have been more accommodating. We checked in with a sleeping toddler and our bellhop went straight to relieving us of bags and pointing out a quiet, dark area of the checkin area to wait in. The concierge and bellhops provided eager directions and pointers. Our car was always available by the time we got downstairs.

The location near Rittenhouse and restaurant row makes everything walkable in nice weather. Many child-friendly sites (especially Please Touch and the big Smith playground) will require driving from this location, but we would still prefer to stay here. The location makes the on-site dining options less than ideal - there is better food for less money just steps away - but we prefer to eat in neighborhoods anyway.

Overall, we had a delightful trip made better by the accommodations and staff at the Sofitel Philadelphia and will be back within the year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fantastic hotel,great location for shopping and sightseeing,staff were all friendly and polite,nothing to much trouble.,great gym and indoor pool,breakfast great choice,would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were in Philadelphia with friends for the weekend and loved the location. Enjoyed being walking distance to tourist attractions, shops and great restaurants. Staff was great from reservation process to maintenance level; beds were fantastic, room was immaculate and stylish in a comfortable space. I especially love their Lanvin products and slippers. The front desk was able to accommodated our request to have our room near a friends' room and for one room to have late check-out. We were happy we chose Sofitel and feel they provide first class service and value for your dollar. Most importantly that they try to accommodate guests whenever possible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Raquel326,

I am so glad that we were able to provide a memorable trip to Philadelphia for you and your friends. We are in an excellent location for exploring all the main attractions, restaurants, and shopping and are so glad you took advantage of it. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our exclusive So-Bed, Lanvin toiletries, and slippers. Please feel free to take a look at So-Boutique online where our products are available. We hope to welcome you and your friends back again soon for another great trip to Philadelphia.

Merci,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel ticks all the right boxes for me. Located in the heart of down town Philly with everything you could want within walking distance. The staff are always courteous from the minute you arrive at the front door. In fact every time I walked in and out of the building I was greeted with a smile. The rooms are beautifully laid out and the beds are sleep heaven.
The bar is a bit pricey but there are so many bars within walking distance that you don't necessarily have to drink there.
Nice breakfast also.

Room Tip: The lifts are near room 1 to 5
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tony R,

I am so please to hear of your great experience with us! We are fortunate to be located in a wonderful location with so many things to do and places to go right outside our doors. I am also delighted that our ambassadors created a memorable stay for your as well as our exclusive So-Beds. We took a lot of time to design them to perfection. Please feel free to explore out So-Boutique website where you are able to purchase them as well as many of our other amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

When we pulled in front of the hotel our bags were immediately retrieved from the trunk and the valet took the car. They were very polite and friendly. We were too early to check-in, so they stored our bags while we went to investigate the city.

The location could not have been better. There are plenty of pubs, restaurants and sandwich shops in the area. It is a short walk to the museums. The historical district is not too far either.

When we returned to the hotel we had to wait a bit as there was only one person behind the desk. Another employee came from the back room and that sped things up a bit. We were given our room keys, but were never told of any amenities. The bell hop brought our bags up very quickly.

The room was large and comfortable. The bathroom had a tub and separate shower. Robes and slippers are provided. The king size bed was complete with a feather bed. I was a bit surprised there was no top sheet, just a duvet. It became quite warm in the middle of the night, but I like something over the top of me. I double checked to see if we somehow missed the sheet, but it wasn't there.

When we checked out we were invited to help ourselves to coffee or tea to go. This was the first mention of available coffee for guests.

We found the hotel clean and comfortable and most employees pleasant and helpful. It was a fine overnight, but I was not overly impressed with the experience as I have been in other boutique hotels. I would stay here again, but I would certainly be open to trying another hotel in the area as there are many. It just didn't "blow me away."

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor. We could not hear other guests, but there was a non-stop sound of running...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jane D,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and exploring our city with all it has to offer right outside our doors. I am also very glad that our rooms and bathrooms large and comfortable. Our unique So-Bed’s have been designed in the European fashion with a duvet instead of a top sheet. However, we are always happy to provide one during out turn down service in the evening. We certainly strive to wow all of our guests and would love for the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Philadelphia and to give the excellent and memorable experience that we wish all our guests to have.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Very enjoyable stay. Good location and value for money. Staff extremely helpful. Close to Rittenhouse Square. Will stay here again next time we are in Philadelphia. Lots of restaurants nearby. Nice fitness center. Bathroom was awesome with separate shower.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Stoopidscreenname

Dear Stoopidscreenname,

I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad that our Rittenhouse Square location was convenient for you and that you had the opportunity to explore all the great restaurants surrounding us. I am also delighted that our spacious marble bathrooms provided you with the luxurious feel that we try to deliver. We very much look forward to your next upcoming visit to Sofitel Philadelphia in the near future.

King Regards,