“My overnight experience”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had to stay in town to prepare for a trip the next day. It was almost a mini-vacation.
The hotel stay was an incredible experience.

I called the next day to get the ingredients in a spa beverages they offer and the front desk clerk Anna went above and beyond to get them for me.

Any future needs I have to stay in Center City Philadelphia will definitely include my staying at the Sofitel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Sawgrass103
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Sawgrass103,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel while preparing for your trip! I am delighted that we were able to provide a mini-vacation feel and that our ambassadors were able to assist you with your request and create an incredible experience. We very much look forward to having you stay with us again whenever in need of staying in Center City or just for a min vacation.

Vincent Vienne

Write a ReviewReviews (3,358)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I always stay at the Sofitel in Philadelphia when I come into town and this visit was no different than any other. Amazing property, amazing service and exceptional rooms. You will find no better value for your money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank WorldTravelerSuffolk
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear WorldTravelerSuffolk,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted that we consistently make your stays with us memorable and amazing. We look forward to having you stay with us for many more great experiences to come.

Merci,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went out to join my husband after his business trip. We loved staying here, it was so comfortable and a fabulous location. We walked everywhere from the hotel. Toured Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, enjoyed both of those, tours were interesting and quick. Back to the hotel - great bed and pillows. Excellent service all around! We would absolutely stay at this hotel again. Also, again about the location - great shopping just down the street. The concerigerie recommended The Continental for hip cocktails. We went up to the roof and loved the food and the drinks. This hotel was a great find in Philadelphia.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CATravelingfamily

Dear Ann B,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you were able to enjoy yourself while your husband was here on business. We believe that we are truly fortunate to be in a location that offers so much to do and see. I am very glad that our concierge was able to direct to just the places you were looking for during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again to enjoy anther fabulous stay soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Sofitel has long been one of my favorite hotels to stay at when in Philly. It is has the most perfect location, close to Rittenhouse Square Park, Walnut Street shopping, spas, well-known restaurants, and must-visit museums. You are guaranteed a good-night's sleep in the super comfy beds. Feels like a sleeping on a cloud! The rooms have had some upgrades but could certainly use a few more, as could the carpeting in the hallway. But the Junior Suites are the best rooms to book as they give you a very spacious layout and a separate sitting area that can be closed off by French doors for privacy. The Liberté Lounge and Bar in the main Lobby area is a hip place for a cocktail and they do a surprisingly good lunch. Try the Lobster/Potato/Gruyere Omelet (On the all-day dining menu) or something from the de-lite menu. Staff is friendly in all parts of the hotel. The gym, while small is adequate for a cardio and weight workout. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book a Junior Suite if you want a lot more space. The standard rooms are a tad small.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MValetta

Dear MValetta,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay. I am delighted that we have been your favorite hotel in Philadelphia. I am very glad that we are able to provide you with all you need: a perfect location, a great night sleep in our So-Beds, and a comfortable stay in our spacious Junior Suites. We do our best to focus on all the details to create a perfect overall stay. I hope to continue to welcome you back to Sofitel regularly and for the opportunity continue to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel was so good I wish we had organized to stay longer! The staff were helpful, friendly and fun. The rooms were large, well furnished and comfortable. Great location topped off a great stay. The only downside was the water pressure from the shower seemed lower than average. I would love to stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank merk11

Dear merk11,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia! I am delighted that you had such a great stay and that our ambassadors were helpful and made your experience with us memorable. I am also always glad to hear when our guests enjoy our central location and large rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another great stay with us.

Regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Last week I stayed again at the Sofitel in Philadelphia. It was a pleasure to do so, just as on 4 or 5 occasions during the past 9 months or so. Check-in was pleasant and swift - the reception staff recognised me before the computer pulled up my Platinum Guest card. Upgrade to a suite was a wonderful surprise. Room was cool, well appointed and relaxing. After two meetings I enjoyed a couple of drinks at the comfortable lobby-level bar before heading out to join some friends. Slept well. Tasty breakfast the following morning and I was ready for a last meeting. then back to collect my suitcase and head off.

This really is the premier business hotel in Philadelphia. Great location, great staff, great accommodation. Nothing more to say.

Room Tip: All rooms are good - just stay a few times and find one that you like.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Daniel P

Dear Daniel P,

Thank you for your great review of Sofitel Philadelphia and for being such a loyal guest. I am absolutely delighted that we have had the opportunity to become your home away from home while visiting Philadelphia and that our ambassadors have continually made your stays memorable. We look forward to continuing to serve you as Philadelphia’s premier business hotel for all of your future trips.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed for 1 night a few weeks back. Managed to nab one of their 'Junior Suite' rooms (or however they phrase it) at a discounted rate so I was quite looking forward to it.

The lobby is very nice, helpful staff. I hear great things about the bar with regard to happy hour but we had dinner reservations and were running late so weren't able to sample it. The room was nice and spacious with a pleasing flow to it - two doors on opposite ends to the bathroom makes the room seem open. Bath was just about big enough for one, although the shower was excellent. Tap/faucet on the sink was noisy and hard to get a gentle flow of water from. Minor inconvenience in the scale of things.

Two TVs was a bit excessive and the Keurig was on the fritz.

The best thing about the room was the bed. One of the most comfortable I've slept in and that alone counts for 3 stars. It's definitely not a hip sort of hotel - if you want that, stay at Hotel Monaco (which is more my sort of place) but overall I was pleased and would stay there if they with the discounted rates I got.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheAff

Dear TheAff,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel while visiting Philadelphia. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the set-up of our Junior Suites and bathrooms and our unique So-Beds. The comfort of our rooms and the amenities we provide are important to us and we feel it contributes a big part of what makes our guests’ stays. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Philadelphia again soon and to try out our bar, Liberte, which I believe will be the hip sort of environment you are looking for.

Regards,