“Perfect Location, Revamped Bar, Comfy Beds”

Sofitel Philadelphia
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Sofitel has long been one of my favorite hotels to stay at when in Philly. It is has the most perfect location, close to Rittenhouse Square Park, Walnut Street shopping, spas, well-known restaurants, and must-visit museums. You are guaranteed a good-night's sleep in the super comfy beds. Feels like a sleeping on a cloud! The rooms have had some upgrades but could certainly use a few more, as could the carpeting in the hallway. But the Junior Suites are the best rooms to book as they give you a very spacious layout and a separate sitting area that can be closed off by French doors for privacy. The Liberté Lounge and Bar in the main Lobby area is a hip place for a cocktail and they do a surprisingly good lunch. Try the Lobster/Potato/Gruyere Omelet (On the all-day dining menu) or something from the de-lite menu. Staff is friendly in all parts of the hotel. The gym, while small is adequate for a cardio and weight workout. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book a Junior Suite if you want a lot more space. The standard rooms are a tad small.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MValetta
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear MValetta,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay. I am delighted that we have been your favorite hotel in Philadelphia. I am very glad that we are able to provide you with all you need: a perfect location, a great night sleep in our So-Beds, and a comfortable stay in our spacious Junior Suites. We do our best to focus on all the details to create a perfect overall stay. I hope to continue to welcome you back to Sofitel regularly and for the opportunity continue to be your hotel of choice.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel was so good I wish we had organized to stay longer! The staff were helpful, friendly and fun. The rooms were large, well furnished and comfortable. Great location topped off a great stay. The only downside was the water pressure from the shower seemed lower than average. I would love to stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank merk11

Dear merk11,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia! I am delighted that you had such a great stay and that our ambassadors were helpful and made your experience with us memorable. I am also always glad to hear when our guests enjoy our central location and large rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another great stay with us.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Last week I stayed again at the Sofitel in Philadelphia. It was a pleasure to do so, just as on 4 or 5 occasions during the past 9 months or so. Check-in was pleasant and swift - the reception staff recognised me before the computer pulled up my Platinum Guest card. Upgrade to a suite was a wonderful surprise. Room was cool, well appointed and relaxing. After two meetings I enjoyed a couple of drinks at the comfortable lobby-level bar before heading out to join some friends. Slept well. Tasty breakfast the following morning and I was ready for a last meeting. then back to collect my suitcase and head off.

This really is the premier business hotel in Philadelphia. Great location, great staff, great accommodation. Nothing more to say.

Room Tip: All rooms are good - just stay a few times and find one that you like.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Daniel P

Dear Daniel P,

Thank you for your great review of Sofitel Philadelphia and for being such a loyal guest. I am absolutely delighted that we have had the opportunity to become your home away from home while visiting Philadelphia and that our ambassadors have continually made your stays memorable. We look forward to continuing to serve you as Philadelphia’s premier business hotel for all of your future trips.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed for 1 night a few weeks back. Managed to nab one of their 'Junior Suite' rooms (or however they phrase it) at a discounted rate so I was quite looking forward to it.

The lobby is very nice, helpful staff. I hear great things about the bar with regard to happy hour but we had dinner reservations and were running late so weren't able to sample it. The room was nice and spacious with a pleasing flow to it - two doors on opposite ends to the bathroom makes the room seem open. Bath was just about big enough for one, although the shower was excellent. Tap/faucet on the sink was noisy and hard to get a gentle flow of water from. Minor inconvenience in the scale of things.

Two TVs was a bit excessive and the Keurig was on the fritz.

The best thing about the room was the bed. One of the most comfortable I've slept in and that alone counts for 3 stars. It's definitely not a hip sort of hotel - if you want that, stay at Hotel Monaco (which is more my sort of place) but overall I was pleased and would stay there if they with the discounted rates I got.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheAff

Dear TheAff,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel while visiting Philadelphia. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the set-up of our Junior Suites and bathrooms and our unique So-Beds. The comfort of our rooms and the amenities we provide are important to us and we feel it contributes a big part of what makes our guests’ stays. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Philadelphia again soon and to try out our bar, Liberte, which I believe will be the hip sort of environment you are looking for.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Good Hotel Room Service was more than expected but overall it was a good choice. valet parking was expenive but it was xpected and fair rare i do not believe 30 for one bagle and juice is fair price. the staff was curtouse and polite

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank stbartram

Dear stbartram,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your trip to Philadelphia. I am delighted that you enjoyed our room service and that our ambassadors made your stay a memorable one. We look forward to welcome you back again soon to Sofitel Philadelphia.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful at Sofitel in Philadelphia. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. The room was very clean and I had the most comfortable sleep in quite a while. I definitely will be patronizing this establishment again. The only drawback was we had a bit of a wait to get our car on checkout but the guys were awesome.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank blenjes

Dear blenjes,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia with your boyfriend. I am very glad to hear that our ambassadors were able to make you stay memorable and that you enjoyed our rooms and unique So-Beds. I also thank you for your understanding of a longer wait for parking in our center city location and am pleased that the service you received made up for the longer wait. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Merci,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Sofitel Philadelphia is a great overall property. It is chic, modern, and updated. I love the bed and the Lanvin products. The staff were all wonderful and the bar was a great place to hang out. The location is perfect for all center city activities. As mentioned elsewhere, the "bahn-joors" and "bahn-swahrs" were pretty funny. Still, would stay there again a heartbeat.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank motowninchapelhill
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear motowninchapelhill,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you enjoyed our unique So-Bed and Lanvin products and that our staff made your stay memorable. It is also always great to hear when our guests are able to take advantage of our great location and explore all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.