“A Wonderful Experience”

GreenLeadersGold level
Trenton, New Jersey
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding. The staff are extremely attentive and my room was spotless. The location is absolutely the best for exploring the best that Philly has to offer. The drinks at the hotel bar are exceedingly expensive, so proceed with caution. Also, I was supposed to attend a 3pm wedding, but my room wasn't ready until 2pm and the hotel didn't have anywhere available to change and freshen up. With that in mind, it's impossible not to say good things about this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 562VeeD
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear 562VeeD,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience with us while in town to celebrate a wedding and that you had the opportunity to explore the great area that we are located in as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future for another great stay.

Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed at the Sofitel in Philadelphia off and on for years, choosing it for its modern feel and competitive price. While it is still a great hotel, it has lost a step as it feels a bit run down. The beds are still fantastic and the staff is very courteous, but it just seems a bit worn. If the price is good, it is still a great place to stay, but it is no longer my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Brad H
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Brad H,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Sofitel Philadelphia through the years. I am very glad to hear that you have had such great past experiences with us and that our ambassadors have always provided memorable stays. We are continually making changes and updates to our hotel to improve our services and amenities and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to enjoy our new updates and for us to once again give you the experience you have come to look for with Sofitel.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Interesting rooms; well equipped. Staff is very attentive.
Nothing seemed 'worn out". Lots to see and do in the area. Just check your room view beforehand if you are expecting one.

Room Tip: Check the view beforehand if you are expecting one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave1xyz
Dear Dave1xyz,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and that our ambassadors were able to attend to all you needed. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future.

Sincere Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel for work and spend roughly 200 nights a year in hotels (over 500 nights in the last 3 years). I typically stay at Starwood or Marriott properties and this was my first time staying at a Sofitel property. I have never had anything missing from my hotel room before, and I am sorry to say that when I returned to my room after work one night I found some of my prescription pills missing. Luckily it wasn't a life threatening situation. Please beware aware if you stay here to stash away your valuables/non-valuables they may end up missing.

Fyi, I did report this to the hotels management and they had security check to see who had been in my room and they did apologize. They did seem to take it seriously which I appreciated however they never followed up with me, and so I assume any conclusion as to the location of the missing medicine was closed with no conclusion.

Well I wish the person took my vitamins which were sitting next right next to the pills on the desk...travelers beware safegaurd your items.

I just read a horror story below where someone was robbed on their wedding night...verified dump.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything remotely valuable out...including socks...they will rob you here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jensen J
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Jensen J,

Thank you for your feedback as it assists us in taking the steps needed to investigate your incident. We take the safety of our guests and their belongings very seriously. I would very much like the opportunity to resolve this issue and to discuss your experience with you. Please contact me directly so that we are able to provide proper follow up.

pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a very nice experience for me. I stayed here on business and would definitely come back. The room was big and the bed extra comfortable. Huge bathroom and it was extremely clean and updated. Breakfast was great and the service overall was outstanding.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anbdcb
Dear ansdcb,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Philadelphia for your recent business trip. I am very glad that our rooms provided a comfortable stay and that you enjoyed our breakfast in Chez Colette. We would love to welcome you back again to enjoy our lunch and dinner menus as well.

Warm Regards,

nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

always enjoy staying at the Sofitel in Philly.. rooms are comfy , clean and bathrooms are large with tubs and separate shower stalls.. Service is always good and attentive. Good bar in the lobby, but many venues to choose from since you are 1-2 blocks from rittenhouse square..which means you are a stones throw from some great restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. Philly is a very walkable city...I walked to the convention center no problems..but cabs are plentiful and fairly reasonble price wise...cant go wrong with sofitel....the only ripoff is there valet parking...at 41 dollars, park yourself at the many garages and lots for less.. I scored a 20 per day rate a block or two away...1/2 the price...check out federal donuts across the street while you are there..

Room Tip: select south facing rooms..otherwise views are of buildings and limited sunshine..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank pard76
Dear pard76,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted that you have the opportunity to stay with us regularly when in town for a convention. I am very glad that our great location and attentive ambassadors are always able to make your stay memorable. I’m also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of one of the local self-park garages in the area as valet parking at the hotel may not be for everyone. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Sofitel is often my digs while I am in Philadelphia for meetings.

Check-in and check-out is quick. The bed is very comfortable; there is a Bose stereo to help you wake up. The TV is a little slow to respond when you're changing channels, but it does have a flat screen that provides a nice picture. The WiFi Internet access is very usable - not slow. The bathroom is very nice, with great water pressure in the shower. The hotel provides L'Occitane shampoo, body wash, etc.

The bartender at the bar in the lobby makes a wonderful ginger ale. There is a good assortment of other beverages available also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank maverickflyer
Dear maverickflyer,

Thank you for being a loyal guest to Sofitel. I am very happy to hear that we have become your go to hotel when visiting Philadelphia. I am delighted that our amenities and bartender’s specialties make your stays memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back many more times as your home away from home.

Warm Regards,