“Loved, Loved this Hotel”

Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Carlsbad, California, United States
“Loved, Loved this Hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my first visit to Philadelphia and my stay at the Sofitel has made it an incredible one! Wow, the excellent ammentities, customer service and room exceeded my expectations. I am quite familiar with other boutique hotels in the Philadelphia area and am glad I chose to try this chain. The rooms are large, luxurious, and the bed was the most comfortable. The pillows must have been from a special goose, from a special place in Europe..just kidding, but Ilove down and the pillows and bedding were especially soft. This hotel goes over and above to assure your stay is comfortable, hassle free and the ambiance is tranquil yet hip. Loved the art work in the Lobby. I now am in Love with this hotel chain...this trip included stays at other luxury hotels such as the Ritz and Waldorf Astoria New York and this place is on top!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank double07girl
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear double07girl,

Thank you for your excellent review! I am delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations and make such an impression on you during your stay. We really do value our guests’ comfort and are so glad to hear that you have fallen in love with our unique So-Beds and the bedding they come with. Our ambassadors look forward to welcoming you back to provide another stay of memorable service at Sofitel Philadelphia.

Sincere Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cameron Park, California, USA
Reviewed January 3, 2013

What a nice treat to stay at such an elegant hotel - yet the price was very reasonable for a big city. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was tidied up twice a day - once in the morning and again in the evening. Definitely felt pampered. It was easy to get to restaurants, shops and attractions by simply walking or taking a quick cab ride. We opted to not get a car - parking is rare and pricey. The bed was super comfy and there was even a nice sound system in the room. We will definitely stay at Sofitel again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SharC306
Dear SharC306,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Sofitel Philadelphia. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to make you feel pampered with our evening turn-down service and Bose sound system. Our ambassadors do their best to exude luxury to our guests in every way possible. We are looking forward to providing you with another comfortable stay with us soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed in Sofitel for two nights. It was fantastic experience during the stay. Almost everything I need is in the room, such as bottle opener, minibar, bath robe, etc. The service was also perfect and nice. I asked for late check-out and the reception desk quickly satisfied my requirement. Overall, the location is very nice, the atmosphere is romantic, the room is cozy and delicate, I would definitely choose Sofitel Philadelphia next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WilliamOu
Dear WilliamOu,

Bonjour!

Thank you for your great comments. I am delighted that our luxury amenities and service were able to create a memorable impression during your stay with us. We believe that all the little details are important to create a positive guest experience. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again with your next stay at Sofitel Philadelphia.

Sincere Regards,

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband got us a night at Sofitel as a surprise Christmas present for me.
Valet parking was easy, and they were very friendly. Once we walked in the doors of Sofitel, I was blown away by the smell. It was amazing. They had dim lighting at night when we arrived, and candles lined the entry in the lobby. I really wish I asked what the smell was, because I miss it now that we are back home. The receptionist was nice, and our room was amazing. It was romantic, and perfect. When we needed a taxi, the valet hailed one for us. Also, when we came back from the museum we wanted to know of any good restaurants to go to so we were directed to the concierge. We sat in his office and he helped us, even when we were indecisive, and even made reservations for us. He had excellent recommendations, and we went to Butcher & Singer which was superb. Best steak of our lives, and best rolls and butter! If we ever return to Philadelphia, we will have to stay here again. We felt very well taken care of, and the trip was incredible. Thank you Sofitel for the incredible stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TitanicAddict
Cher TitanicAddict,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so pleased to hear that our unique lobby scent made such a positive impression on your stay with us. Each Sofitel has their own scent, ours is Intérieur Figuier by L’Artisan Parfumeur. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon for another incredible trip.

Warm Regards,

West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 2, 2013

There were both good and bad things about my stay here. The front desk staff was very warm during check-in and check-out and the agent gave me a great sushi recommendation for dinner. The beds are comfortable and the room was warm and quiet. I also liked the "business center" which was just two computers and two printers that guests could use at their discretion. I appreciated not being charged $14 for printing five pages.

On my way to my room after checking in, I was disappointed to see more than a handful of dirty room service trays were left uncollected in the hallway. In addition, I had television problems in the morning.

I agreed to taking a survey regarding my stay and was impressed that the general manager of the hotel replied to me directly concerning my comments. Because of this I would stay here again. However, because the property is a bit outdated, I would check the rate at Hotel Palomar across the street first.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank J and M M
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear J and M M,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us in Philadelphia. I am very glad to hear that our ambassadors were able to assist you with recommendations for one of the many great restaurants nearby and that you felt warm and welcome while staying with us.
We are continually making updates to our hotel to keep our services and amenities at a high level and are currently in the process of making several upgrades to our rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia in the near future to enjoy them.

Warm Regards,

London, UK
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for a company event. From check in onwards everything went well.

The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The free Wi-Fi also works well. The staff were all very helpful, including for my special meal requests and our catering requirements in general.

In terms of location the hotel is in a good part of the city which will suit most tourists, and the staff will help you with any queries you may have about the city.

If I ever return to Philly I will try to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rabbitman
Dear rabbitman,

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that our ambassadors were able to assist your with all of your needs and requests and were able to make your stay a memorable one. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.