Sofitel Philadelphia
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$134
Curio.com
$167
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$159
Hotels.com
$186
  • Free Internet
3,462 results
All reviewsrittenhouse squarechez colettejunior suiteroom serviceturn down servicevalet parkingcomfortable bedcenter cityvery nice hotelfour seasonscentral locationlobby barrooms are largefew blocksliberty bellbonjourlanvin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good staff at the front desk, courteous and responsive (Alex) made me feel 'human' on arrival after a failed booking in attempt online. The room is spacious and well appointed and exceptionally clean and the hotel staff friendly and helpful. In all, a very comfortable experience. The food was good, in room service efficient and pleasant.

Local bars and restaurants were terrific and I was able to walk to all my meetings including one at U Penn so great location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff H
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had a peasant stay with us and that we provided a convenient location during your meetings as well as friendly service that made you feel welcome and ‘human’. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and had the opportunity to indulge with our room service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

So we fell in love with Philly the moment we arrived. The people rock, and there is a lot to do. This hotel was in an awesome location. It's a typical higher end hotel where the people at the front desk are stoic and professional. It was an easy check in, and the room was perfect for a short weekend. We wanted something simple to eat, so we got amazing recommendations to all different restaurants in the area. We ended up at an awesome Irish Pub called Fado's! I would definitely stay here for the location and good, clean, rooms!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie M

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a great stay with us and were able to take advantage of our great downtown location and what it has to offer. We are very pleased that we were able to provide you with a great experience during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here overnight for a short business trip. Was able to check in early. Bar space in the lobby was a great place for a short, casual meeting. Room service breakfast was delicious. Bed was extremely comfortable. Great toiletries and a good hair dryer as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kgm721
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a pleasant business trip with us. We do our best to check in guest early when we have the availability and are very glad that we were able to offer this to you. We are pleased that you enjoyed our lobby and were able to use Liberte for a short meeting. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast through room service, our unique So-Beds, and our L’Occitane toiletries. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I spent 6 nights in this hotel during a conference. Although I paid a special fare, my room was large and comfortable. Also the cleanliness level was excellent (especially the bathroom). The hotel is in the city center, thus it is extremely easy to get good restaurants and the city main buildings. An excellent experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marco R

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had such an excellent stay with us during your conference. We are pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms and bathrooms and our great downtown location and all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

On the positive side, the location is excellent and the room spacious. However, we were appalled to find a matted clump of hair on top of the shower drain. This was not A stray hair (from the cleaning staff or passerby), we're talking a mass of tangled hair. Unsat.

After check-out, I reviewed my credit card statement and was charged approximately $20 for minibar items which we did not consume. I declined the key to the minibar when it was offered at check-in, so practically speaking, I couldn't have accessed the minibar. To be fair, when I contacted the hotel about this matter, they agreed to correct the error and were pleasant/apologetic. Still waiting on the correction/refund. Not the biggest deal in the world, but annoying and indicative of a lack of attention to detail (i.e. if I didn't have the minibar key, how could I have had minibar items).

Finally, for those interested in the property as a "pet-friendly" choice, I would recommend that you look elsewhere. First, there is a $300 pet-deposit. I was not apprised of this deposit at the time of my reservation. While I certainly understanding the concept of a deposit, I think $300 is excessive. I've traveled extensively with my dog (including to a few 5-star properties in Rome and Lucerne) and I've never paid such a heavy deposit. Again, to be fair, the deposit was promptly refunded, but still I found it high. More troubling to me was the lack of "friendliness". While the dog is allowed in the guests room he/she is not allowed in any common spaces for any length of time. Without getting into a long discussion of my experience and/or my dog's merits (she's a Canine Good Citizen and pursing her Therapy Certification), it suffices to say, I was very disappointed with the limited, common-area pet-friendly options available.

I fully appreciate hygiene concerns (kitchen, pool, etc.) and also the preferences and comfort of other guests (e.g. fear, allergies, etc. Even as a dog-enthusiast, I certainly don't like to listen to barking/whining/howling, be jumped on, or otherwise subjected to unruly behavior). However, if the hotel is going to tout itself as "pet-friendly" then I think there needs to be a bit more flexibility on where pets may stay. As I explained, I'm not talking about unruly/out of control animals, obviously their owners should immediately and appropriately address such situations (frankly, I don't know why one would travel with such a pet-- not fun for the owner, not fun for the pet). Rather, I'm thinking of the vast majority of pet owners who spend the time and expense to travel with their pet and have well-behaved, properly socialized animals that are capable of behaving appropriately in public.

To the extent that Sofitel is interested in constructive comments, I would suggest offering a sitting area in/off the lobby that is 'pet-friendly'.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrippyAG

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to constantly improve our hotel and to provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. We will be sure to discuss your review with our Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, and Front Office departments to ensure that all points in your review are addressed and to assist us in enhancing our service and making adjustments to our procedures. We will also most certainly discuss your experience staying with your dog to our team as well. We do have a small seating area in our lobby which is most definitely welcome to pets; however, we understand that this area may be a bit small. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will discuss with our team to make any appropriate changes possible. We look forward for an opportunity to welcome you and your pet back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future and to provide a more positive experience.