“Wonderful Wedding Night”

Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I picked the Sofitel Hotel as the hotel where our wedding out-of-town guests stayed and where my husband and I spent our first night as a wedded couple. From the reviews I read from this site, this hotel had the best ratings and reviews in Philly, so I chose this hotel because I wanted my wedding to be perfect. And it was. This hotel helped made it PERFECT. They were the most accommodating people in all of my travel experience, and they're right in my backyard (figuratively). I've stayed in numerous hotels ranging from B&Bs, 2 star to 5 star establishments from across USA, Canada, Mexico, Carribean, Costa Rica, England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Greece, Turkey, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia and Australia, and the people and service from this hotel blew them away. Maybe it's because it was my wedding night and they made it extra special for me. I don't know. Regardless, I will always be appreciative of them for everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimbop
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Bonjour,

We are absolutely delighted that you chose to spend your wedding night with us. We are always eager to make our guests stays memorable and feel very privileged to be chosen for such a special occasion. We are ecstatic that we were able to create a special experience for you on this special day and look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here only for one night, but wished we could stay here forever! The room was perfectly clean, beautifully laid out, spacious yet cozy. Location is right in the middle of everything: we walked here from the Amtrak station in twenty minutes and pretty much all of Philly's highlights were accessible on foot. The front desk service was very courteous, though they were trying a bit too hard to pull off the whole French thing (this is still Philly, guys!).

Once we checked in and took a short nap, we went out and came back that evening. Upon our return, the bed was remade, the lights were dimmed and a jazz station was quietly playing on the Bose alarm-radio system. Though a small thing, we were genuinely impressed because, well, nobody just does this stuff anymore.

Overall, the stay really exceeded our expectations. We stayed at much more expensive hotels which were not nearly as impressive as this.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pavel G

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that we were able to provide such a memorable stay for you. We are very pleased that you were able to take advantage of our great downtown location and what it has to offer as well as had time to relax in our cozy yet spacious rooms. We try our best to provide a luxury experience for our guests and are glad that you enjoyed our staff’s service, the turndown service that we provide to all of our guest rooms, and our Bose radios. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sofitel for a family weekend trip to Philadelphia. We stayed there several times in the past and find it hard to consider other hotels in the general area.

The location is perfect for us. We like to travel on foot during our time in the city and the Sofitel is in a great location for sightseeing during the day and dining at night.

We enjoy the bar for after dinner drinks and people watching through the large windows. Travelling with a child, it is nice to have a place off to the side to relax after dinner but before bedtime.

Breakfast is fantastic with fresh squeezed oj and super strong coffee. Breakfast was included in our room rate and we had the option of the buffet or ordering off the menu. I picked the buffet both days while my husband and son ordered off the menu. The buffet has European offerings such as cheeses, cured meats, fresh baked goods as well as American classics.

The staff shines at the Sofitel. Little things like bringing our son hot chocolate with our coffee service and a real glass (not a goofy plastic kid’s cup) for his club soda make a huge impression. It is a good feeling when the younger members of the family are treated like valued guests.

Our room was on the 14th floor on the odd numbered side of the hall. The location was very quiet and we didn’t hear any street noise. Our request for a room with a view of Liberty Place was honored.

The beds were very comfortable and the quality of the linens and pillows was very good.

We had a superior room with a king bed for this trip and it was large enough.

My only area of improvement that I would suggest is a sprucing up of the guest rooms, the finishes are starting to show some wear and tear.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cleobeach1

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are absolutely delighted to have you as a returning guest. We are extremely pleased that our great downtown location, Liberte lounge, breakfast in Chez Colette, quiet rooms, unique, So-Beds, and staff’s attention to detail have made your stays memorable and eager to return. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to constantly improve our hotel and to provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. We are looking forward to upcoming room upgrades which are due in the very near future. We appreciate your comments as they address an important aspect of our hotel that is soon to be updated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future to enjoy our new room upgrades.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The location of the hotel is fantastic. Every staff member from check in to check out was really great. They were friendly, knowledgable and courteous. I asked for a quiet room, and it really was very quiet and comfortable. We were on the 11th floor with a view looking over neighboring buildings, but considering the downtown location the view was fine. Our room was a comfortable size, with a small sitting area, and a nice sized closet and bathroom. The room had nice amenities, but did show some wear on carpet, and some of the woodwork was banged up a bit. The bed was really soft and I slept very well. Another plus, was that the water in the shower was instantly hot when turned on, every time! Room service was really good. Next time I'm in Philadelphia I would happily stay at Sofitel again!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to assign you a room based on your preferences. I asked for a quiet room, with 2...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LESBocatraveler

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you found our hotel to have comfortable rooms and great service. We are very pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great downtown location, that our staff was able to make your stay memorable, and that you enjoyed our quiet rooms, unique So-Beds, and hot showers. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to constantly improve our hotel and to provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. We are looking forward to upcoming room upgrades which are due in the very near future. We appreciate your comments as they address an important aspect of our hotel that is soon to be updated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very good location. Very good service. I was not able to see what separated the Sofitel from the Westin which was down the street other than the price. (They even valet your vehicle in the same garage) I was really excited to stay here because of the glowing reviews but I felt a little let down when I arrived. I think I have come to expect good customer service from a hotel in the 4 star range and just was not blown away by anything here.

I would definitely return here if there was a good pricing deal, otherwise I would probably pick one of the neighboring hotels at a lower price point.

Room Tip: Parking garages are less than 2 blocks away. Valet parking a nice car is at your own risk. I witness...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dablaze

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to constantly improve our hotel and to provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. We will certainly share your review with our team to assist in enhancing our service in any way we can. We look forward to an opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience at Sofitel Philadelphia that really impresses you and as we hope to impress all our guests.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The location is really nice because it is so close to great restaurants and cafe's. The rooms are nice, and the staff are very friendly! Valet was a little pricey...but thats understandable bc of space. Would definitely return again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beachgirl1926

Bonjour,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found out location so convenient. We are always pleased when our guests are able to take advantage of our great downtown location and all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple