The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Bellevue Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Room Service
1,733 results
All reviewscity hallclub levelbank buildinglobby barsuperior roombeautiful hotelwilliam pennbeautiful lobbyluxury hotelguest roomshigh floorbroad streetthe entire staffcorner roomstreet noisevalet parkingfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Overnight stay for a birthday celebration and a game at Citizen's Park. Arrived a bit early greeted by a very pleasant front desk staff. Had our bags checked while we went off to game. While at park a call from hotel advising our room was available . Thanked her for the call and advised we would be back later, Requested our bags to be brought to room . Arrived back and got our room keys very quickly. Up to our room overlooking City Hall from the 10th. Floor. Large king room with a very nice bath. Found the street noise to be a bit loud at 10:00 PM ... Around 1:00 am awoken by a very loud argument coming from an adjacent room. After pounding , slamming of doors and some objects being thrown against the walls, was just about to call the front desk/police and the couple seemed to quiet down..... ... Interesting and somewhat disturbing end to a lovely birthday evening..... Don't let this experience keep you away .. Very lovely hotel .

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking Broad Street or perhaps a very high floor 15+ Noise quite excessive
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnCManhattan_NY
Reviewed May 26, 2014

From their website, all room categories views are described as "spectacular". Trust me, you might be looking right into an air conditioning vent, right in front of your window. And some room floor plans might be described in square feet and might seem huge, but much of that space is clearly in the long bowling alley entrance that you won't use or feel, other than to get in and out of the room. Other than that, room is spotless and quite beautiful furnishings.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful, and really made you feel welcome and even special. Breakfast in the lobby restaurant was really excellent, and not overpriced for the quality you get.

I noticed some big price swings at the hotel on some dates, so if you're flexible, you might get a bargain here. Lobby is one of the most beautiful I've seen anywhere. I liked that there is a 24 hour Walgreen's across the street.

Room Tip: If you don't have the view of City Hall, likely your view won't be too great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank pattayainsider
Reviewed May 24, 2014

First, kudos to Joanne who took my panicked call on the Guest Rewards line when minutes before arriving in Philadelphia my Guest Rewards online account had no record of my reservation for Memorial Day weekend! Not only did she soothe my frazzles nerves, but she also very quickly secured me a lovely room in this gorgeous historic landmark in the shadow of City Hall. And it only got better from there! Cheerful Shynetta was able to check me in to a complimentary upgraded room 3 hours before normal check-in and concierge, James steered me to a superb and newly opened vegan gem, Charlie Was a Sinner, from the same team that brought us Vedge. The central location of this property makes it the perfect landing pad for a weekend in Philadelphia.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I did something very unusual. We left the kids and went into the city Saturday before Mother's Day. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants, (Marigold's Kitchen) and then came back to the hotel. We enjoyed a couple drinks in the lobby while listening to a duo performing in the corner by the bar. We loved the room. Not big, but perfect! It was one of the best night's of sleep ever!! The bed and pillows were AMAZING!!! We meant to find out exactly what everything was, but forgot. Will have to pick up the phone to find out!! Great bathroom too!!
We just loved our stay!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I chose this because I got an excellent rate and loved it's prime location. Plus I had never stayed at a Ritz Carlton before, and was looking forward to the experience.

The hotel itself and staff is magnificent. I had arrived quite early but was still able to check-in. I was very impressed with the décor, view and size of my room.

But there were a few quirks: the faucet/spray in the bathroom was malfunctioning. The cleaning staff didn't clean the mirror behind the wall for quite some time, the phone didn't work at all, and I had to go down to the front desk to ask to borrow a pen (which I needed) since they only had pencils in the room. These were all minor things, I know, but it still went against the expectations I had for the Ritz Carlton brand.

I utilized the After 10 bar, which had friendly, attentive staff.

The doormen were also helpful in recommending a source for breakfast.

I would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floors give an awesome view of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo