This hotel overall is very nice but could use some updates. First, the "lobby" is as nice or nicer than any other hotel you will ever see. It is downright stunning in a good way.
The bell staff and concierges are excellent. Had interactions with several over the visit and each of them were great.
Our experience with the front desk staff was mixed. The gentlemen who checked us in seemed put off by the fact that we wanted the best room we could get. Mid stay I worked with a woman at the front desk that was great though.
Our room was big, clean, and very nice. However we were a bit surprised at a few things in the room. Examples include pillow cases with a couple of holes and a towel that was fringed on the ends.
Oddly, after turn down service each evening the bed was turned down and the toiletries were renewed, however the used towels weren't replaced nor were used glasses removed from the room.
The staff in the club lounge was the biggest disappointment. We encountered two different hosts and both were not what we would expect at a hotel of this quality. When we stepped off the elevator both times we visited the lounge the women approached us and asked for our names and room number and did it in a manner that seemed like we were trespassing. Very odd. During one of our two visits to the lounge, we were the only ones in the lounge on a Saturday morning. After the inquisition by the hostess, we were cleared to proceed into the lounge itself. There was a table that was used by a prior guest that sat in that state for at least 30 minutes while we sat at another table. The hostess remained at her desk which seemed very odd when there was a table that needed to be cleaned off.
Bottom line is this is an absolutely beautiful property and has a level of history and beauty that is not found in many new hotels. I hope that ritz Carlton spends the money and effort to update it and also update the training of the staff to get it back to 5-star level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated neoclassical hotel set in a century-old landmark bank in downtown Philadelphia. The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia is a stately testament to the city and an exceptional place to experience all the city has to offer. Walk in the footsteps of America's forefathers and become a part of history. Stay in the heart of Center City and absorb the energy of the city as you spend your day exploring Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and other cultural treasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Philadelphia