The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Agoda.com
$229
Orbitz.com
1,752 results
All reviewscity hallclub levelbank buildinglobby barsuperior roombeautiful hotelwilliam pennbeautiful lobbyluxury hotelguest roomshigh floorbroad streetthe entire staffcorner roomstreet noisevalet parkingfew blocks
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel for only one night prior to the Army Navy Game in Philadelphia. Although we live in the suburbs it was a fun night being on vacation in the city. This beautiful hotel was built in 1930 as a bank building and the lobby reflects that. Very grand and it was decorated beautifully for the Christmas holiday! Because of the game we were treated to welcome champagne at check-in and plates of cookies (take your choice of decorated as Army or Navy.).
Our room was not large but beautifully appointed and on the 20th floor with a view overlooking the very unique Philadelphia city hall (built in the Second Empire style).
The room came with bottled water, which I always appreciate and you can call ahead and personalize your mini-bar. The bed was too comfy.
Prior to dinner out in a fabulous restaurant in South Philly, we enjoyed a drink at the great bar in the Lobby – we were pleased that when we couldn’t find a place to sit with our friends from California they opened up a table in the dining area for us. Very accommodating.
My husband left something in the room and the hotel promptly mailed it to us Fed Exp. As with all Ritz Carlton properties, staying there was a special experience and I would highly recommend this well located and unique city hotel.

Room Tip: As for a higher floor with a view of City Hall.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cruisewoman
Reviewed December 18, 2013

What a beautiful hotel. I could live in the lobby! The staff is so friendly andhelpful. The location is excellent to walk just about anyplace. The pub snacks during the are delicious and reasonably priced, albeit quite limited.

Room Tip: The spa was very nice. But nothing really exceptional and quite pricey.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2013

In reviewing the RC Philadelphia, I will be comparing it to other Ritz Carltons-so that means a high standard. Check was efficient, the rooms were nicely appointed, and the location was perfect for walking to historical sites and high-end shopping on Walnut Street. The concierge was very helpful as were the front door staff. When I reported that someone had spilled coffee in an elevator, the spill was immediately cleaned up. In light of this high attention to the level of service, I was surprised about the slow service in the lobby restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning. It seemed to be understaffed.
The lobby bar was quite loud at night and overwhelmed the rest of the lobby- not quite what one is used to in a Ritz Carlton. The gym was adequate, but smaller than at other Ritz Carltons. All told I would stay here again when in Philadelphia, but I think the hotel could use a little improvement, such as enlarging the gym and finding a way to create a quiet area in the lobby in the evening.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

From the moment we walked in the hotel I felt at home. We arrived and the room was beautiful with a gorgeous view of the skyline. WE opened the door and there was a lovely bottle of Champagne and Chocolates ... Yummy! We went downstairs to the Lobby Bar and were welcomed by the friendly bartender. We then went over to the comfortable couches and the Manager came by and asked us how everything was so far. My husband and I were celebrating and he sent over a glass of champagne. He recommended some restaurants and then said they had the best Philly Cheese steak sandwich. I have to agree as we tried it the next day and it was the BEST Philly Cheese steak. (in the Lobby Restaurant.) The service was fabulous and the room was very comfortable. We stayed for 3 nights and had room service every morning. Perfect! Bill the shoe shine attendant was lovely and boy did he get a great shine! My boots never looked so good! There was a lovely lady in the lounge who served us who was lovely too! I can't wait to go back! Thank you Ritz!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room , I think on the 14th floor. Very nice and quiet and great view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is very pretty being a converted bank and historic site. The lobby is an achitectural pleasure with its soaring rotunda and marble. The lobby bar is very nice when it is not a DJ bar and faux club. We returned late on a Saturday night and the crowd was quite rude. To the extent that they almost knocked down our handicapped friend trying to push him off a bar seat.
The staff is very professional and quite good.
We were upgraded to a junior suite, which was very appreciated. However, the rooms are in need of an update. They are comfortable and spacious. The bathrooms are beautiful, clad in marble with a great shower and soaking tub. Just could use some freshing up.
The concerierge Mark is fantastic and goes out of his way to make your stay perfect.
The food is very good and the bar menu quite good also.
The location is excellent but arrival can be a challenge being on a main street without a driveway.
Be advised that rooms near the elevators can be noisy at night.
All and all, Great location, great staff makes for a nice stay.
Not the best in Philly, but decent.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room next to the elevators
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple