“Nice Hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Ranked #21 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here June 2012 for one night. It was pouring the rain when we checked in. Really hard to get a place to park for valet to take our car. The valet guy was nice and carried all of our stuff in the pouring rain and was soaked, but didn't complain not once. Took awhile to get checked in, once we did, we made it to our room fairly easy. The room was really nice and clean and was very spacious. We had the city view room with the king size bed. The wrong luggage was brought to our room and it took awhile for us to actually get the correct luggage. Price was kinda high for the room compared to the others I have stayed in. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: City view room was nice. While I was there it rained the whole time so you couldn't really see a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,656)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Champagne on arrival, a complimentary bottle of Prosecco to celebrate our honeymoon and an absolutely stunning view made this hotel our favourite along the Atlantic coast.
When I discovered that my earrings had gone missing in New York they even waivered the fees for the phone calls to our insurance company!
There's free wifi in the lobby and they don't pressure you into buying drinks whilst you're there and the people who staff the valet parking stand are incredibly helpful and it was very reasonably priced in comparison to New York.
Head to the Reading Festival Market for lunch and pick up a breakfast bagel at one of the stands on the square.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The check in process at this hotel was very inefficient. After giving my details and initial questions from the receptionist, for the next few minutes there was just complete silence where he kept on playing with the computer. Once he was done he started asking me the same questions asked earlier.

The room was good however the TV did not work, the bathroom was very nice especially the toiletries. Best part about the hotel is definitely the grand lobby and the restaurant where the food is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was well located in the heart of the city across from City Hall. It was a short walk to many historic sites, including the Franklin Institute, and the Liberty Bell. The rooms were well appointed, and the bathroom was fabulous. The lobby was spacious, and there was lots of activity at the Lobby bar and restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DStrassy
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Found some guys socks and undies in the drawer. Alerted the front desk who let me know a "Manager would be notified tomorrow morning." Good to know, because the toilet overflowed from the top, yep the tank was malfunctioning and water covered the bathroom floor. I called the front desk and asked to check out. The woman at the desk said, "I'll prepare that for you and hung up." I called back because I though I hung up on her, and she said, "No sir, I'm preparing everything for your checkout." I tipped the bellman and the doorman. I got the heck out of dodge. I'm afraid to check my credit card statement to see if I was charged for something. Really disappointing for the money spent. They get 2 stars because a few of the employees like Jimmy the Bellman went out of their way to make my kids feel happy. Other than that, it was no better than the Courtyard at Marriott. Maybe worse.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alex P
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night when we were in town visiting friends. We like it much better than the four seasons. The service was consistently impeccable without being obsequious. The room was clean and reasonably well appointed. The price was actually okay too. All of the folks here know how to run a luxury hotel. It's definitely worth your while.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I reserved a suite and had friends join me there for drinks to celebrate my birthday. From my first call to ask about the accommodations to pulling away in my car, my experience couldn't have been better. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff; lovely, immaculately clean, spacious rooms; and a level of personal service that I've rarely experienced anywhere. A bit of a splurge, but well worth it. I expect I'll be spending every future birthday --- and hopefully, a few other occasions --at the Philadelphia Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends