“Good but not great.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Ranked #21 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The check in process at this hotel was very inefficient. After giving my details and initial questions from the receptionist, for the next few minutes there was just complete silence where he kept on playing with the computer. Once he was done he started asking me the same questions asked earlier.

The room was good however the TV did not work, the bathroom was very nice especially the toiletries. Best part about the hotel is definitely the grand lobby and the restaurant where the food is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,656)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was well located in the heart of the city across from City Hall. It was a short walk to many historic sites, including the Franklin Institute, and the Liberty Bell. The rooms were well appointed, and the bathroom was fabulous. The lobby was spacious, and there was lots of activity at the Lobby bar and restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DStrassy
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Found some guys socks and undies in the drawer. Alerted the front desk who let me know a "Manager would be notified tomorrow morning." Good to know, because the toilet overflowed from the top, yep the tank was malfunctioning and water covered the bathroom floor. I called the front desk and asked to check out. The woman at the desk said, "I'll prepare that for you and hung up." I called back because I though I hung up on her, and she said, "No sir, I'm preparing everything for your checkout." I tipped the bellman and the doorman. I got the heck out of dodge. I'm afraid to check my credit card statement to see if I was charged for something. Really disappointing for the money spent. They get 2 stars because a few of the employees like Jimmy the Bellman went out of their way to make my kids feel happy. Other than that, it was no better than the Courtyard at Marriott. Maybe worse.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alex P
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night when we were in town visiting friends. We like it much better than the four seasons. The service was consistently impeccable without being obsequious. The room was clean and reasonably well appointed. The price was actually okay too. All of the folks here know how to run a luxury hotel. It's definitely worth your while.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I reserved a suite and had friends join me there for drinks to celebrate my birthday. From my first call to ask about the accommodations to pulling away in my car, my experience couldn't have been better. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff; lovely, immaculately clean, spacious rooms; and a level of personal service that I've rarely experienced anywhere. A bit of a splurge, but well worth it. I expect I'll be spending every future birthday --- and hopefully, a few other occasions --at the Philadelphia Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a wonderful two night stay in Philadelphia thanks to the Ritz Carlton. Samara at the front desk was exceptionally hospitable and gracious. The room was clean and all requests were met promptly and efficiently. The restaurant was very good (we ate two breakfasts there) and the wait staff was so professional and courteous. Recommendations from the concierge were excellent. It's a great location for the city - you can walk to most everything. More hotels should learn from this model of service.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are small, but offer great views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in the hotel. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a late night snack and cocktail at the bar. I had my hair done in the salon which was just ok but the people were all very nice. Excellent location to shopping and easy to get to the train and airport. the only negative was that our mattress sagged in the middle.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple