Overall this is a good property. The lobby is beautiful, and the room was small, but nice. The bathroom was nice and big with a soaking tub, so that was nice. The restaurant was a good meal for dinner and we had breakfast there both days we stayed. Breakfast was good with a wide selection. Almost all the staff we interacted with was excellent. The only exception is that the front desk staff failed in a few ways:
1.) Before our stay, I noted that several others on TripAdvisor indicated that at check-in, they were offered complimentary drinks of champagne or other beverages, which I thought was a nice touch. When we arrived, we noticed this ourselves as everyone checking in before us was extended that offer of a complimentary drink. However, this offer was not made for us once we actually got to the front desk. For me, it wasn't about the drink as I didn't really care about getting a glass of champagne - it was more the principle in the front desk staff offering a complimentary service to everyone else but us.
2.) When we were checking in, the front desk staff person extended and guaranteed us a late check-out of 4:00 pm. However, on the day of check-out, the key to our room stopped working around 12:00 pm. Essentially, the late check-out had not been processed and we were locked out of our room for about 10-15 minutes. Ordinarily, this would just be a minor nuisance, but with two things in mind:
A.) This is the Ritz-Carlton, and being a brand that prides itself on excellence in service, such issues such are not supposed to be overlooked.
B.) My wife is 8 months pregnant and desperately needed to get off her feet after walking around outside. Waiting around for an additional 10-15 minutes did not bode well for her or her comfort.
Overall, this property is good. It's not great and will not blow you away. It's a very standard property, but I would honestly look to stay elsewhere the next time I'm in Philly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated neoclassical hotel set in a century-old landmark bank in downtown Philadelphia. The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia is a stately testament to the city and an exceptional place to experience all the city has to offer. Walk in the footsteps of America's forefathers and become a part of history. Stay in the heart of Center City and absorb the energy of the city as you spend your day exploring Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and other cultural treasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Philadelphia