It could not have been better. From the doormen who swiftly open the door to whisk you in from the February wind, to the stunning, majestic lobby, to the gracious offer of champagne at check-in, to the immaculate rooms with marble bathroom fit for royalty...yes, the Ritz is all that and more. Every single person smiles and wants to know how they can assist you. It's service at its finest.
The rooms are a bit small, but nicely appointed with luxury sheets and comfortable beds. We were in 2502 and our views of City Hall were stunning...almost felt like you could reach out and touch it.
The Club Level is old-school. This is how concierge level should be run at every hotel . Nice breakfast in the am with a hot entree as well as fresh fruit, breads, pastries, hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, freshly squeezed juice, coffee/tea etc...lunch is lovely sandwiches, salads, dessert offerings. Evening hors d'oeuvres included such treats as excellent spicy tuna sushi, mini tacos and some excellent cheese offerings. Dessert presentation had all sorts of treats. The champagne and wine flow freely and are included in the cost of the club level upgrade. The room on the 30th floor is a beautiful, dark wood club with views of Philadelphia on all sides. The ladies who run the club are just lovely. They are more than happy to assist.
The bar and restaurant downstairs (10 Arts) is great as well. If you get a late night craving, the mini Philly pretzels with the dipping sauces are not to be missed.
There is a spa, but we did not indulge this time.
The only bad thing? Checking out! I'll be back without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated neoclassical hotel set in a century-old landmark bank in downtown Philadelphia. The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia is a stately testament to the city and an exceptional place to experience all the city has to offer. Walk in the footsteps of America's forefathers and become a part of history. Stay in the heart of Center City and absorb the energy of the city as you spend your day exploring Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and other cultural treasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Philadelphia