“A Great Time!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Philadelphia
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“A Great Time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked a room at the Ritz to celebrate my sweetheart's birthday. The hotel is conveniently located in the middle of several great restaurants. I received a very reasonable weekend package through their website. The package included breakfast, valet parking and the Taste of Philadelphia goodie box. They welcomed my sweetie with a nice Happy Birthday when we arrived and they put a few very yummy cupcakes in our room. Nice touch! The room was clean and neat but a little smaller than expected. The staff was wonderful, helpful, courteous, etc. my only complaint is that the maid knocked on our door every 20 minutes to see if we had left. We explained that we were not checking out until noon. She kept knocking until we put the"Do not disturb" sign on the door. Otherwise...a great stay. We'll do it again next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Ritz-Carlton to attend a conference being held in the hotel. It was a good experience overall. The front desk staff was outstanding and helpful--even when I made the reservation. The concierge was great. The bell service was good, but a little aggressive in insisting on bringing bags to room, which we really didn't need, and at first refused. Maid service good. Impressive lobby with an interesting history. The room was extremely small, especially given the price, but the bathroom was lovely. We had a wonderful view of City Hall, which I had asked for. (Maybe the rooms on that side of the building are small?) Had breakfast only one morning in the dining room--can't stand paying high hotel prices for simple food.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with City Hall view. Nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

A wonderful, modern renovation. Classy and trendy. I loved the lobby lounge and vibe set forth. Service was terrific; friendly and efficient. Prime location, steps to everything.

Looking forward to a revisit soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for my birthday weekend this past summer and had a wonderful time. This was the second year in a row that my friends and I came here to celebrate my birthday and we were not disappointed at all. The front desk even greeted us with glasses of champagne at checkin as they knew it was my birthday which I thought was a really nice gesture. I assume that it also has to do with me being a Ritz Carlton Reward Club Member and that I always add access to the business lounge whether traveling for business or pleasure. I highly suggest doing this as well - it is worth the extra money, yet the perks of having access to food, drinks and quiet all day long is priceless in my opinion. The 10 Arts Lounge makes some wonderful cocktails as well as the Bistro which has delicious food. The hotel is also centrally located and I cannot stress how helpful the staff was. Definitely one of my favorite hotels in Philadelphia.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The stately Girard Trust Bank has become a hotel with rooms overlooking William Penn's statue atop City Hall (great view!). The former banking floor is now a great bar in the rotunda. And the staff couldn't be more pleasant and helpful. A great place to stay in Center City.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband & I took our two kids for a weekend in Philadelphia December 21, 2012. My husband organized the entire weekend with the help of James, the concierge. James was incredibly professional and such a great help in planning out a weekend for an 11 year old and a 15 year old. Restaurant recommendations were superb. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and centrally located.There is tons of shopping and great restaurant selection. If you go please take your kids on the Philadelphia trolley tour it was so worth it! If you are lucky you will get Bill. Everyone from the bellman to the check in clerk were so professional and so friendly to our children. They made them feel very special. You get champagne at check in which is nice and the kids get a bottle of water. The room was very comfortable for the four of us. They put us in a room with double beds which had ample room for a roll away bed which they brought up and set up for us. The beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was spacious. We had access to the concierge floor which our children loved. The people who work that floor are so friendly and really do make you feel as though you were guests in their home. I was super impressed with the fact that the woman who worked the floor one morning knew how I took my coffee just by looking at my cup. I never wanted to leave. We arrived in our room the first night to a plate full of cookies and a chocolate liberty bell! Great way to end the weekend. Thank you Ritz Carlton....we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you get a room with two beds ask for one of the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MSSCt
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just got back from a wonderful weekend at the RC Philly. We stayed here last year and this year decided to upgrade to the club. We had a superior room on the corner of the building on the 29th floor and we could not have asked for more.

The club is well worth the extra cost if you can. The ladies in the club are the best and do a great job of making sure that every need is taken care of. The food is great, we did not come across anything that we did not enjoy.

The views are amazing. There is a bit of street noise, even that high up, but it IS in center city.

We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get as high as possible and ask for a corner room, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple