The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
$249
$239
Orbitz.com
1,752 results
All reviewscity hallclub levelbank buildinglobby barsuperior roombeautiful hotelwilliam pennbeautiful lobbyluxury hotelguest roomshigh floorbroad streetthe entire staffcorner roomstreet noisevalet parkingfew blocks
Reviewed November 3, 2012

iiMy wife and I recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton for a Friday evening wedding (even though we live in a Philadelphia suburb). By the end of the evening, I was prepared to write a spectacular review. From the champagne offered to us as we checked in, to the attentive service of the gentleman who shined our shoes, we were very impressed with how well run the hotel seemed to be. I was particularly thankful to the catering staff, and Chef Patrick and his team of waiters - I have a food allergy, and had called ahead. When the wedding began, the staff was aware of my needs, and had prepared alternative meals for the courses I could not eat. I have resigned myself to spending effort and time to explain my allergies to wait staff who always seem surprised that I am attending an event, but here my every need was anticipated, not only with an accomodation, but with excellent food.

Then we tried to go to sleep after the wedding. Unfortunately, the lamp by the side of the bed was linked to the hall entrance light - shutting off the entrance light also completely disabled the outlets by the bed. I need electricity to power a medical device at night, so when the choice seemed to be doing without my medical needs, or sleeping in a fully lit room, I called the front desk. An engineer, was promptly dispatched to our room. It turned out that a plug hidden behind the bed caused the problem; the engineer changed how the lamps and other appliances
were plugged in, and had left by 12:30.

I don't know if that was the responsibility of the maintenance staff, of housekeeping, or someone else from the hotel, but I unfortunately the image I will take away from this visit wil be waiting for the building enineer in the middle of the night, rather than the well run wedding and catering staff.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Spent one night here on business and stayed on the Club Level. The Club was rather a small room but all the amenities were there and the Concierge Camilla was extraordinary. If you are staying at this hotel ask for a room where the bed is not up against the hallway wall. Every time someone opens or closes their door the sound runs along the wall and wakes you up. We had dinner in the 10 Arts restaurant in the lobby. Save your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have the headboard up against the wall corridor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Avidtraveler919
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Made a rez for three nights but only stayed two...it was that disappointing. What champagne upon arrival? We couldn't even find a bellman! Room was small, dirty (found food on the rug and an old sock behind a curtain...afraid to look under bed). asked for extra towels three times and only got them when a manager intervened. I am lifetime platinum with ritz and have never stayed in one oftheir propertiesthat was so bad. A breakfast one morning, the food manager (Will) asked us how our stay was and he did everything he could to make it right...he was terrific, really represented the brand well. But too much water under the bridge...this is really much more like a Marriott...and a mediocre one at that!

Room Tip: Get one at another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nhcouple090909
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was a nice hotel. It was just a one night stay for us so I cant comment on many of the detials. I will say that the staff was great...very helpful... Our room was just ok. The lobby was nice (as pictured on their website) although not really my style. I found it a little cheesy. Champagne upon arrival and good coffee in the lobby when I wake up - that cant be bad!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a larger bathroom. I think we paid a bit more for it, but worth it for us.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

First off, the service was outstanding. The lobby was beautiful with old pillars, I just did not get the purple and pink lights...kinda cheesy for a ritz. The bathroom was typical awesome ritz but the room seemed standard Marriott. Room service was prompt and delicious. The workout facility was excellent. Overall, nice hotel but not for the price.

Room Tip: You are in the middle of Philly, the higher the floor the quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business