The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$197
$197
$234
$219
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$167
$208
1,735 results
All reviewscity hallclub levelbank buildinglobby barsuperior roombeautiful hotelwilliam pennbeautiful lobbyluxury hotelguest roomshigh floorbroad streetthe entire staffcorner roomstreet noisevalet parkingfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2012

DH and I stayed at The Ritz Carlton Philadelphia with some friends this past weekend (9/22-23). As this was a last minute trip to catch a baseball game, eat some yummy food and catch up with our friends we were very elated that we were able to get a room at this wonderful hotel. When we arrived in Philadelphia the weather was perfect (75 and sunny) we were able to catch the game, on our short drive from the sports complex to the hotel the skies literally opened up. We pulled up to the hotel and were immediately greeted by a smiling valet with two umbrellas, it was pouring and only our feet got wet. We were brought in side asked by the bellman which bags we needed from our vehicle. We went to the desk, it was the easiest check in process ever! While waiting for our keys we were offered complimentary champagne, wine, and or iced tea.
We were placed in a corner room on the 27th floor. I felt right at home here. The bed was glorious, the desk huge, dh and I loved the fact that there was a “surge” strip right on the desk that we were able to charge all of our electronics at once, the chair and ottoman were extremely comfortable. The closet was a decent size complete with extra pillows, blankets, bathrobes and safe.
The bathroom was gorgeous, the large shower and separate soak bathtub were exactly what the doctor ordered. The makeup mirror was a great touch, all of the products were luxurious.
Our friends were placed in a room in the middle of the hotel, it was closer to the elevators and though the layout was somewhat similar and the appointments the same, our room was definitely bigger. The corner rooms have bigger bathrooms , showers and overall square footage my friend pointed out that the shower in their room was significantly smaller and there was no ottoman for the chair. I found the bed to be very comfortable, DH’s only complaint was that the wonderful down pillows were too soft for his taste.
Saturday night we went out for some dinner, it was still pouring before leaving the hotel we were each offered an umbrella. We went out, came back for some drinks in the lobby bar. The drinks were delicious, the set up of tables, chairs, chaise lounges and lighting made this one of the best hotel bars I have ever experienced, the service was superb.
The location of the hotel was great, literally in front of city hall, walk to Independence Park, Reading Market.

Room Tip: request a corner room if you can, its larger and the shower and seperate tub are so worth it!The elevators are a little noisy so try and stay away from them.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband had to go to Philadelphia for business and I tagged along for pleasure. His company had booked a block of rooms at the Ritz. We have never stayed at a Ritz before, but expected that it would be luxurious and were not let down. The service is excellent - everyone is very nice and there were touches I didn't expect, like always having the door opened for me (which does get a little silly since I am perfectly capable of opening my own door, but it does make you feel a bit like royalty, which is nice). The location is excellent, right in the center of town near City Hall and all the great shopping of Chestnut and Walnut streets. Concierge was very helpful when I talked to him. The building itself is gorgeous, with a huge lobby which would be nice to hang around in for drinks at happy hour.

We are Marriott Gold members and I think because of that they upgraded our room to a one bedroom suite, which had a separate sitting room and a large bathroom. The bath products were all Bvlgari, which I guess must be standard for this level of hotel. They were very nice. The room was appointed nicely and I really liked the tea/coffee machine they had. It was able to warm water up for tea without using the same pot that coffee is made in, which always ends up making coffee-flavored tea (gross). Despite being on a high floor, there was quite a bit of street noise through the windows.

The (nitpicky) down sides: the valet scratched my husband's car (which they offered to pay for repair but we were able to have the scratches buffed out for minimal charge so we told them not to worry about it); the bathtub was nice but the handheld shower nozzle on the tub did not work; the shower door seal was broken; the TV remotes did not always work; and the safe did not work when we first arrived (although they were quick to repair it).

Overall, we had a pleasant experience at this hotel. I'm not sure if it'd be worth paying full price (but then again, we aren't the type of people who see the point or value in paying $300-$400+/night for a hotel unless it includes your food!), but if you can get a good deal on it then you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was excited about the prospect of staying 2 nights ar the Ritz. Many things failed to match the service I was used to in a Ritz [Atlanta]. Refrigerator was warm with food items for sale! So I had to ask housekeeping to take my cold pack to be refrigerated and brought back in 1 hour for back pain. Sure enough, one hour later an attendant appeared, gave me a "warm" pack and said there was no way of making my ice pack cold, and gave me a laundry bag full of ice cubes with water dripping. All this did was make my bathroom floor wet! Toilet flush did not work. One day, there were chocolates, next day nothing. The front office was apologetic and gave me free breakfast. It looked like there was no connection between the well-dressed polished doormen, receptionists and cafe, and back office service. I thought, "Ha, SPA" and opted for 1 hour massage..that was a very big mistake... I expected Ritz service and it was pathetic. A week later someone in head office called, did a survey and was so apologetic, and promised a Marriott coupon. It has been over a month, and no word from anyone. So, please don't be misled. It has a Ritz cover...underneath is substandard hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

When you walk in to this hotel all you can do is stop and look around. The lobby and bathroom are incredible. The lobby has a huge skylight with a wine cellar in the middle of the room. The columns in the lobby and the marble floors are amazing, architecture rates out of 10 I give a 20. The bathroom is huge, big stand alone shower, big stand alone tub, private toilet and a closet with a safe. I'm a general manager at a Hilton hotel and I can say the room is basic. 32" flat screen all the plugs are by the desk 2 windows. The one thing that is not basic is the fridge is loaded with alcohol and non alcoholic drinks along with snacks, none of it is free. The customer service of every employee will WOW you. Great service! Also last thing if its raining outside stop by the front desk and they will give you an umbrella to use

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there on Saturday September 15, 2010. First thing is first, the shower did not drain properly which caused water to get all over the bathroom. Also, we asked them to hold our luggage while my girlfriend and I explore downtown Philly. When we got back, they have lost my suite shirt and tie. It turns out they gave my suit to another guest for some reason. And so far, the management has done nothing to rectify this situation. I will be sending a complain letter to their corporate office about my experience.

A disappointed guest