“The Ritz is the best!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had an amazing long weekend with my grand mother and my husband. The staff were extremely helpful, the location was just right and the building was just a delight. "Amazing historic building". The restaurant and the food was just excellent.

The Ritz as usual lives up to its name.

Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel was amazing! First the architecture is spectacular. The lobby bar is in a beautiful rotunda-like room reminiscent of the panteon. The staff is first rate. We were greated at check in with Champagne for my husband and I and popsicles for the kids. (how do you top that?) Our accomodations were very roomy and since we had 3 kids in the room, that was really important. It was within walking distance of most, if not all, the important sights in Philly-the Constitution Museum, Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Franklin Institute, Museum of Natural History, LOVE Park, etc. just to name a few. I would abolutely recommend it to anyone going to Philly and would defnintely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Priscila P
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We recently stayed at the Ritz for my birthday weekend. Every employee we interacted with was unfailingly polite and pleasant. The hotel is clean, well kept, and the service is very good. All of which you expect at this level of hotel.

Lobby and exterior are impressive; standard rooms are very nice but not anything special. Lacking simple conveniences such as an iphone/mp3 docking station, easily accessible outlets to charge electronic devices, blackout curtains that truly blackout, etc.

We were on the 20th floor with a view of City Hall and there was definitely street noise. Also, there was a wedding here our 2nd night, and we could hear the revelers in the hall until around 2am. That's not entirely the hotels fault, but better soundproofing and a closer eye on the noise levels would've helped.

We enjoyed drinks at the bar one night (Saturday), and I wouldn't say that the service was exceptional, although the atmosphere and drinks were very nice. Had room service breakfast both days and it was quite good.

Overall, the greatest selling point of this hotel is a phenomenal location. You are near the theaters, nightlife, amazing restaurants and across the street from public transportation that will take you anywhere in the city. For just a luxury experience, at this pricetag, I would probably give somewhere else a try next time.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

the hotel staff was great, but the spa experience was not what was expected.. i booked online at one price and then saw my cc was charged 50 dollards more on each charge.. be careful booking spa traetments online at this hotel... definitely was overcharged. lobby bar was nice, location is great, valet is pretty steep at $49 a night

Room Tip: we had a surperior room, view was awesome bur seems like the layout was the same as a standard room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Service was excellent in all respects. The rooms are large, clean and the beds are comfortable. The Spa is also very nice. The fitness room is a bit small for the hotel but that is the only complaint I can make. The restaurant and servie there were outstanding. My only other pet peeve that seems to be prevalent in these upper end hotels is that the cab drivers pay the bellman. I noticed this in SF at a JW Marriott hotel and also notied it when I left to go to the airport. Personally I think this is wrong. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank IVUSDR
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Beautiful Building and Exciting Downtown Location. Service wasn't what I expected at the Ritz. Room was nice but nothing special. Club Lounge was nice. When we checked out the lobby was empty of bell hops and valet drivers. Took us 5 minutes to hunt down folks to help us get out of the building and on the way to the airport. Good food at the resturaunt but definately a lobby carve out, I've heard of Ritz dining described with multiple servers and formal dining. Got casual dining and above average service. Given the price tag not a value. Now I can say I stayed at a Ritz Carlton but nothing to pull me back to another one.

Room Tip: I don't know - they didn't give much choice and the room was not what the person told me it...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed for Business and had excellent experience

Smack in the middle of Downtown right next to the famous statue.
Great price for the time . Gym was good. Lobby was the best since used to be part of bank. The best was the shoe shine service

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business